Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I am rarely on here but my supra is nearing completion and will be taking it up to sp in chi town for tuning it with the aem and my th400 tranny.

what kind of horsepower should I expect and what kind of quarter mile times should i expect in high altitude colorado

plus if you see that I have left any thing out or need anything safty wise please feel free to put in your advise.

intake
downpipe
exaughst (hks superdragger)
boost controller
bcc

then:

silver ccw drag wheel setup (16x10 rears, 16x4 fronts)
slicks and skinnies 16x11.5 mt et streets
greddy t-88 turbo
120 shot direct port nos
bottle heater, blow down tube, rpm window swich, hobb swich
phr stage 2 fuel system w/850 cc injectors
th400 tranny w/3 speed slapstick
aem stand alone engine management system
hks fmic
hks twin egnition
fully built race engine
ported
polished
blueprinted
balanced and knife cut the crankshaft
7 angle valve job
crower stage 2 cams
eagle forged rods
je pistons (20 over)
pistons coated by swain tech
ceramic coated headers, downpipe, back half of turbo
titan dampner pully
titan electric water pump
new oil pump
greddy 2mm head gasket
new toyota gasket set
new cam belt
cam belt tentioner
apr head and engine stud kits
fjo wideband o2 sensor
3800 high stall tourque converter
custom one piece driveshaft

and a few other goodies i cant think of off the top of my head

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hmmm... I think I smell rice.

BTW, you forgot to write what turbo you are running. :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you might want to read it again, greddy t-88 turbo

·
Registered
346 Posts
Your horsepower will be 892rwhp, and you will run a 9.45 ET. ;) But seriously, that should be one sick setup one that's done.
Tony

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why not just put the items that are performance oriented instead of the tint, alarm, body....etc.

But Very nice setup. Take some pics when finished. I'm not sure but wouldn't the 3800 stall may be a little low for that turbo? The Aem and NOS will help but what did SP recommend?

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned with what kind of power to expect, but rather how big of a bill to expect for all that! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
well you know how it goes..........everybody's got a "I'm gonna" story. So it doesn't even matter until he comes up with the parts. "Yeah dogg, I'm gonna do this..........and I'm gonna do this.......and I'm gonna do this." When really some of those things aren't even recommended to do. And why would you put wheels and headlights on a hp expectance thread????

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
SpeedworksT78 said:
well you know how it goes..........everybody's got a "I'm gonna" story. So it doesn't even matter until he comes up with the parts. "Yeah dogg, I'm gonna do this..........and I'm gonna do this.......and I'm gonna do this." When really some of those things aren't even recommended to do. And why would you put wheels and headlights on a hp expectance thread????
hmmmmmmmm, sounds like a little jealousy to me, ok, i'll take out the lights and shit but I'm not some punk kid with a story of this and that, everything has already been purchased and installed, I am just waiting till I am able to go up to chicago, so if that response was a crack at me then go fuck yourself.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
supra774 said:
hmmmmmmmm, sounds like a little jealousy to me, ok, i'll take out the lights and shit but I'm not some punk kid with a story of this and that, everything has already been purchased and installed, I am just waiting till I am able to go up to chicago, so if that response was a crack at me then go fuck yourself.
I'm not trying be an ass but I think he came at you like that because you sound like some punk kid. Your HP list seems more like a wishlist. "Fully built race engine" just sounds cheesy to me. Your wording makes it sound like you looked all these products up on a website and copied them to your list. This list obviously sounds like these parts would go on a drag car yet you only went with a 3800 stall for that T-88? 850cc injectors for a T-88 and nitrous? Also, wouldn't you want to find out what kind of power a setup would make before dumping tens of thousands of dollars into it... something just doesn't seem right and thats why that post was made.

Call me an ass, call me what you would like. If you really do have this car with all these mods, GREAT. I would love to see the finished product and find out what power you would... I mean are going to make. :D

·
A Mile High
114 Posts
Nah, I can say.... I've personally already worked on this car.
I helped put on the Turbo kit, fuel, FMIC, DP NOS and aem wtih a little tuning

Hes already been thru 3 transmission hybrids. Turbo 400, Powerglide and now SP is going to take over and help make this car run as the owner wants

Sick car... just sick.
And everything on that list is real.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
MystiqueSupra said:
Nah, I can say.... I've personally already worked on this car.
I helped put on the Turbo kit, fuel, FMIC, DP NOS and aem wtih a little tuning

Hes already been thru 3 transmission hybrids. Turbo 400, Powerglide and now SP is going to take over and help make this car run as the owner wants

Sick car... just sick.
And everything on that list is real.
Well, I stand corrected then. In that case, I would question whether or not those 850cc injectors will be able to handle the T-88 AND a 120 shot. Also, why did you go with such a low stall? I know the nitrous will help out of the hole but even daily driving the car will get annoying since the power will take a while to come on. I tried running my 67GTQ with a 3500 stall and the car felt like a dawg... I'm sure the T-88/3800 combo will feel similair. Anyway, good luck with the setup. I'm sure once its ruuning properly you can make close to 1000hp and if you get traction 9's should be cake.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
Well, I stand corrected then. In that case, I would question whether or not those 850cc injectors will be able to handle the T-88 AND a 120 shot. Also, why did you go with such a low stall? I know the nitrous will help out of the hole but even daily driving the car will get annoying since the power will take a while to come on. I tried running my 67GTQ with a 3500 stall and the car felt like a dawg... I'm sure the T-88/3800 combo will feel similair. Anyway, good luck with the setup. I'm sure once its ruuning properly you can make close to 1000hp and if you get traction 9's should be cake.
I agree. If I were running a T88 I would probably be running at least a 4k-4200 stall, but hey, with nitrous that ought to help quite a bit! IMO I would also be running a bigger injector setup with T88/cams/nitrous....

Andrew

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like you are on your way to 900+ rwhp but your 850cc injectors may run out with that setup, you might want too look into 960cc injectors. Good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
VeilsideTT said:
I'm not trying be an ass but I think he came at you like that because you sound like some punk kid. Your HP list seems more like a wishlist. "Fully built race engine" just sounds cheesy to me. Your wording makes it sound like you looked all these products up on a website and copied them to your list. This list obviously sounds like these parts would go on a drag car yet you only went with a 3800 stall for that T-88? 850cc injectors for a T-88 and nitrous? Also, wouldn't you want to find out what kind of power a setup would make before dumping tens of thousands of dollars into it... something just doesn't seem right and thats why that post was made.

Call me an ass, call me what you would like. If you really do have this car with all these mods, GREAT. I would love to see the finished product and find out what power you would... I mean are going to make. :D
I appreciate your input, and at least you are answering this in a civil manner, for that I cannott be upset. I have been through many mechanics and shops here in colorado and each one has said that I should either get this or that, funny that not one of them are in buisness anymore, my list is a compilation of people trying to help out and did not know what the hell they were talking about, unfortunatly I hit the ground running and should have done a little bit more research on this but alas This is what I have ended up with. I had wanted a car that was fun to drive on the street but could still mess up some folks at the strip, thus the 3800 high stall, this is wat I was told would be the most versitile. the injectors are just what came with the fuel system and yes they may be a little small.

shayne, thanks for stikin up and have appreciated all the stuff you have helped me out with, i am just sorry that i did not listen to you earlier about that thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts