Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinkin about that, we all wouldnt be so special wouldnt we?
Everyone would be going 2J, or hell, proboly 1G-GTE huh?

Maybe 3S-GTE? LOL

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,405 Posts
The 1JZGTE Vs 7MGTE debate would never happen, and the MKIII would be worth alot more if it had the 1JZ in it, but hey some times is best that way. Think about it if it wasn't for the 7M the MKIII would of cost alot more!

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
onebad7m said:
The 1JZGTE Vs 7MGTE debate would never happen, and the MKIII would be worth alot more if it had the 1JZ in it, but hey some times is best that way. Think about it if it wasn't for the 7M the MKIII would of cost alot more!

thats exactly what i was thinking about the value, HAHAHAHAHA

~scott

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
The japanese decided not to market the 1jz in the US because Toyota Japan felt the Americans believed in the concept "the bigger the better". They believed the 1jz would not be a good motor for the US becasue people would not want a 2.5L after a 3.0L was already offered.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
Flea420 said:
I was just thinkin about that, we all wouldnt be so special wouldnt we?
Everyone would be going 2J, or hell, proboly 1G-GTE huh?

Maybe 3S-GTE? LOL
If we had 1Js stock, there would be little to no engine swaps

who in their right mind would take out a 1j and put a 1g in? o_O

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
drool.. 2.5 ttr :)

yea i would say theyd be worth a little more, not too mcuh but a little.. 92s would be 10 89s (1jzs) would prolly be like 6-7

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
do not underscore the 3S-GTE ... there are some 1000PS+ around !

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
I used to have a 1G-GTE, and let me tell you, I am soooooooo glad I swap over to the 1JZ....the 1G motor was a joke!!! I mean it made decent power for it's displacement, but the lag was unbearable!!!!! I dynoed 235rwhp/233rwtq @ 18psi with the 1G running rich as all hell!!!

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
i kinda wanted to put a 1g into a 3rd gen celica.. would be fun..

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
What the dude said above. America is obsessed with bigger is better. There was no reason for toyota to market the 1JZ here. Heck i always get ppl asking me, so why did you install the 1jz's into your cars if the 2jz is bigger? uugh :smack:

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OneJoeZee said:
If we had 1Js stock, there would be little to no engine swaps

who in their right mind would take out a 1j and put a 1g in? o_O
I dunno, this was another Drunk moment ok? :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I didn't think that Toyota sold the 1JZ anywhere but Japan, so it wasn't just the US that missed out.

Hell Australia didn't even get the 7M-GTE, we got stuck with the 7M-GE in the MA70 and no JZA80 at all

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Its myth that Australia got all these cool JDM cars... Its just really easy to import them right?

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
If the 1JZ made it to America, Duane's new GTE power would have to be 500-600rwhp+ , otherwise there would be too many people on the list.

·
Registered
157 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
Its myth that Australia got all these cool JDM cars... Its just really easy to import them right?
we got squat and I don't know about ease of import as I haven't done it myself, but have heard from others that it's a lot of hassle and the car has to be taken back to stock form to be complianced for road registration etc

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Valuation would be stronger IMO if we had JZA70's here. There would be a better market for the car and a better reputation. That said, I don't think the valuation would be all that strong.

If I could get 15K for my car right now, I'd consider myself lucky.

- Chris

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
HamsMKIII said:
Valuation would be stronger IMO if we had JZA70's here. There would be a better market for the car and a better reputation. That said, I don't think the valuation would be all that strong.

If I could get 15K for my car right now, I'd consider myself lucky.

- Chris
I'm positive you more money than that into your car. But look at it this way, it would be worth alot less if it had a 7m...

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
TiWo2.0 said:
I'm positive you more money than that into your car. But look at it this way, it would be worth alot less if it had a 7m...
More than double. Sadly MKIII's dont have value for shit. But one way to look at it... My car is probably worth 3 times what it would be if it were 7M and near stock. You see only a handful built MKIV's sell for 3 times their worth in near stock form.

Either way, my car will be buried with me, so it doesn't have a price tag.

- Chris

·
Registered
923 Posts
shoot, an mk3 has more value than a starion lol. Still trying to find me a dirt cheap roller swap canidate. and 1j do increase the value of the car. My starions worth probably 10x what it use to be :) 7m definately does decrease the value, if I had to go buy one, i'd have to deal with the head gasket, trying to find a way to better feed the rod bearings with oil... Most of em are knock knock knock'n on heavans door.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts