Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Banned
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK let me make this shit clear!!!!
ive had two mkiv owners with the same fucking problem, and both with the same damn result!!!! 75ftlbs is not the correct torque for a 2jz head!!!!!! if you fucken dip shits dont know the correct torquing sequence and or amount, then dont fucking install 2jz heads, and or put a 2jz motor together you dumb fucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aslo, when you put cams in any fucking car and they have arrows on the cam caps thare are suposed to point foward of the car, that means they are supposed to be pointing foward, not backwards!!!
do shit RIGHT, dont fucking cheap out, spend a little more time and money!!!

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
There is a torque sequence if you use the Toyota factory bolts. If you use ARP bolts, it's subjective on the torque numbers. I have a feeling this is with the ARP headbolts and headstud?

· Banned
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So let me get this strait the total factory torque is 236ftlbs(give or take a poundor two. I don't have the book in front of me), and your going to torque down arp studs to 75ftlbs or less? How in the world do you say arp studs are subjective for 600+ hp?

· Registered
191 Posts
Mike, that's why I need you to do my 2JZGTE swap.

· Registered
3,019 Posts
i remember mike almost slapped me in the face when i told him to do take a short cut on something very minor before while working on my car... lol.

btw some of you guys that are storing or having your car at garret's shop while mike is working on it might want to consider some donation fee for storage fee for the guy, its their private lot not a open garage for the public, its already cramped the way it is.

· Premium Member
6,754 Posts
dude "faking the funk" mechanics are the best ! hahahah

· Banned
567 Posts
Aside from all the torque talk, I woulda thought you guys would've picked up on this more

aslo, when you put cams in any fucking car and they have arrows thare are suposed to point foward of the car, that means they are supposed to be pointing foward, not backwards!!!
Backwards cams!? WTF?! How in the blue hell do you do that? Work drunk?:wtflol:
The gears wouldnt even be able to bolt on

· 19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
3,410 Posts
mike, I gave ur number to one of the guys who needs work on his mkiv.. he will call u tomorrow

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.