Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im with USAA(military insurance) but im not happy with the full coverage. I called several other reliable insurance companies, and it seem like everybodys full coverage is just about the same. I have invested alot of money into my single turbo supra, and i wanna make sure if something was to happen or if i was to total lost my car, i would get a fair pay out. My insurance company said.. Im doing good if they pay out 15k, if something was to happen to my car. That's bullsh*t!! 15k isn't a fair pay out, because i have well over 30k into the car!

Is there any insurance companies out their, that will protect my investment?? Like if something was to happen, they will pay out a guaranteed amount like.. 30k, 40k or 50k if something was to happen to my supra??

I already called a few classic insurance companies, and they indicated to me supra's dont qualify as classic cars!

So basically as of now, if i wreck my supra, Im screwed!!:wackit::wackit:

-----IM REFERRING TO PEOPLE WITH CLEAN TITLE SUPRA'S----

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, mind is a original twin turbo. When they told me that, it really had me thinking is usaa really the best insurance company. I told them about the modifications, and they said they will take it in consideration.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Taking it into consideration is not good enough.

My buddies evo 8 got stolen here not that long ago, he got a payout for the car which was the market price and cost for most of his mods (he had bill of sales, receipts, picture documentation, etc). This was in Canada not sure too sure about insurance companies in the U.S. though.

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taking it into consideration is not good enough.

My buddies evo 8 got stolen here not that long ago, he got a payout for the car which was the market price and cost for most of his mods (he had bill of sales, receipts, picture documentation, etc). This was in Canada not sure too sure about insurance companies in the U.S. though.

That's the kinda coverage I'm looking for! I'm gonna do some more looking on the internet to see whats available over here. Hopefully a forum member can help me out though...

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
thats odd man.

i have USAA too, and they set the price of a stock tt at 25k. they should be paying that price out easily. you could easily pull up the values of the car from dealerships and that is exactly what they will have to pay as long as you have records that it was in great condition.

if somethng does happen dont accept anything unless its what you want. they will try to tell you that you can't get anything more, tell them to shove it up their ass, and youll need the value of the car to be reimbursed to you, not a half ass price.

best thing to do, get an appraisal of the value, and collect all receipts for parts on the car... if you have absolutely every single thing for the car, you can sometimes eak out a little more than its worth stock without needing special insurance on it.

insurance companies will never tell you a good straight up price for a modified car, they have no clue about the modifications and what they cost etc etc.. which is why you need receipts.... also, if they can get away with giving you less for the car, they will.. always get the best price before agreeing

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have usaa and my supra got totalled out a couple months ago. They look at other supra with same mileage and condition around your area and base the value off of that. They paid me 23k for mine and let me take items off the car as long as I could replace it if it was oem equipment

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can insure your car for "Stated Value" through Haggarty if you have another vehicle. You basically tell them the dollar amount you want to insure it for and they will pay out exactly that much. Progressive also does stated value and doesn't require you to have a second car.

·
Suprasarous Y0!
1,116 Posts
I have American Collectors Insurance which is partnered with USAA (my main insurance). USAA will refer you to them. $611 a year with 5K miles which is $50.92 a month. 40K agreed value. 28 years old, clean record.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I have American Collectors Insurance which is partnered with USAA (my main insurance). USAA will refer you to them. $611 a year with 5K miles which is $50.92 a month. 40K agreed value. 28 years old, clean record.
yeah thats about all the miles you need. that basically entails daily driving in the summer time for states that have winter or a lot of rainy days.

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
USAA didnt tell me anything about American Collectors Insurance, Im about to call them now! My driving record isn't clean. I have 3 speedin tickets and 1 accident, but USAA is still giving me a great deal on my insurance. I pay 792.00$ every 6months for full coverage. From what i heard, USAA is the cheapest insurance company.

Do anyone have the number to American Collectors Insurance?

·
killing bad guys
1,683 Posts
BINGO. Call USAA and let them know you have a modified vehicle and need extra insurance. I just did this a few days ago and they will connect you with a company that they work with. I got quoted up to 80k fully insured (you need to have receipts and what not) for around $2000 a year... which is a total separate bill from what you already pay for full coverage of the value of your vehicle. So if it gets totaled, they will pay me 80k, plus the price of the vehicle itself.

·
Supra372
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BINGO. Call USAA and let them know you have a modified vehicle and need extra insurance. I just did this a few days ago and they will connect you with a company that they work with. I got quoted up to 80k fully insured (you need to have receipts and what not) for around $2000 a year... which is a total separate bill from what you already pay for full coverage of the value of your vehicle. So if it gets totaled, they will pay me 80k, plus the price of the vehicle itself.

Problem solved! Im calling them now!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I believe the company USAA refers you to deals with collector's and classic cars. When I called the company, they restricted the amount of miles you drive per year. Great idea if you own a garage queen, not so much if you drive often. This was about six months ago so maybe they offer other options now?

J

·
Registered
131 Posts
Make sure you don't tell them how much HP you have. I know the with Haggarty everything is good until you hit 650 HP, then there are some restrictions placed on the car. Then if you have more than 750 there is actually a requirement that it be taken to "shows." If you're over those marks, just say you have 450 or something since it all depends on how much boost you are running.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.