Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS,

Help me out please! I have a 97 supra with 102,000 miles on the motor it has the HKS 2835 TWIN TURBO KIT, VEILSIDE INTAKE manifold,720cc injectors plus some other extras. to control fuel I have the HKS-VPC and the APEXI-AFC. I have not hade the car tuned in a little over a year so I DONT KNOW IF EVERYTHING IS SET THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. what is the safe amount of boost to run without taking any chances of blowing the motor. I always mix about 4 gallons or so of 111 octane race fuel when a fill up on 91 octane, so it is never just on pump gas.

if anybody is running the VPC & the AFC please let me know if you are local. becouse I would like to see if my car is dialed in like it should be. and I know some of you guys are saying just go get it tuned again. but the reason I dont want to do that is becouse I will be going stand alone in about 3 months. so I dont want to waist the money on tuneing before I get it. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks,

G

·
17-18 psi is always a decent amount of boost to run on pump gas. the race gas will give you a little bit better timing.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
I would like to see the car someday. I have seen it around. I live right by the place where you get the race gas.

·
Registered
143 Posts
sory for getting off topic.

just wondering wat downpipes you guys use.. the rmm or the random tech with the high flow cat just because its california?

·
Banned
455 Posts
afastsupra said:
HI GUYS,

Help me out please! I have a 97 supra with 102,000 miles on the motor it has the HKS 2835 TWIN TURBO KIT, VEILSIDE INTAKE manifold,720cc injectors plus some other extras. to control fuel I have the HKS-VPC and the APEXI-AFC. I have not hade the car tuned in a little over a year so I DONT KNOW IF EVERYTHING IS SET THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. what is the safe amount of boost to run without taking any chances of blowing the motor. I always mix about 4 gallons or so of 111 octane race fuel when a fill up on 91 octane, so it is never just on pump gas.

if anybody is running the VPC & the AFC please let me know if you are local. becouse I would like to see if my car is dialed in like it should be. and I know some of you guys are saying just go get it tuned again. but the reason I dont want to do that is becouse I will be going stand alone in about 3 months. so I dont want to waist the money on tuneing before I get it. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks,
No one on this forum can tell u what is safe boost to run..Unless you have wide band 02..15-18psi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts