Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure I am the only one who does not understand this but how do I download music and which is best. I have a high end system that came with my car but I want to download music. Is it best to buy one of those IPODS and hook it up. Should I buy a whole new CD reciever that has an MP3 player. What about making your own CD's. In other words which offers the best reproduction in terms of clarity?
Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
what ever ur most comfortable with, ipod is the easiest and can hold the most so go with that....but if u dont understand how to download music in 2007 i suggest u stick with buying cds

·
Registered
252 Posts
usually it will say on your receiver if it plays mp3, cd, dvd, etc.

an older model will only playback cds. somewhat updated receivers will play mp3s. if it was brand new or recent, it should have an auxillary jack to plug your ipod- as well as play burned cds (cd-r).

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
if you want clarity, nothing beats store bought cds.

otherwise rip the musice at a high bitrate (even try a variable one) to get the best sound out of your mp3s

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just go with a MP3 cd. I'll rip a couple and just not worry about leaving them in the car. Quality wise it all depends on the bitrate you rip it at.

I rarely fill a full cd with mp3's though. Usually 200-300 megs worth is enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts