Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what boost is, I was just looking for a title. Anyway- when I bought my NA-t on ebay, I bought it under the influence that it made 400rwhp at 15psi and had a newly built motor. The guy said he had documentation for all of it, but wasn't able to find it when I picked the car up. Unfortunately I'm trusting and took his word for it. So when I take the car for a test drive, I notice it's not boosting 15 psi (more like 9), I ask him what's up, he says he had his mechanic turn down the boost cause he didn't see much sense in taxing the motor by constantly running it at 15lbs when it had plenty of power at just 8. I thought, oh well-I'll figure out how to up the boost later. I finally did figure the HKS EVC out, but regaurdless of setting, couldn't get it to boost higher than 10lbs- I'm guessing it needs a stiffer WG spring. Now I'm wondering if the car ever even boosted 15lbs and don't know how to find out if the compression was actually lowered in order to accept higher boost. The only thing I can say is that it has an autometer Air/Fuel light up guage and when the EVC is set at .41 bar-I have 2 green LEDs and 3 yellow, then when I pop it up to .95 bar (which is only 10psi with my car), it will go to 4 yellow LEDs leaning closer to rich than lean. So, do you guys think I could just pop out the WG spring and run higher boost, or do I need to conduct some tests in order to figure out how much boost I can run. The fuel system uses 2 additional injectors and the stock injectors.
Thanks for the input,
Chris

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
listed said:
I could just pop out the WG spring and run higher boost, or do I need to conduct some tests in order to figure out how much boost I can run. The fuel system uses 2 additional injectors and the stock injectors.
Thanks for the input,
Chris
Congratulations your purchase, can you post some pics?

you probably should have a shop or someone who have experience with NA-T to help you, and do it right.

Don't take chances, not worth the risk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts