Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why the heck my tires kept losing air? IS it normal for air pressure drop 1 psi a day if not drived, and lose 3 psi if drived? Sometimes, it raised after drived. Sometimes it doesnt change. What the heck is causing this?

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Suprahaha said:
why the heck my tires kept losing air? IS it normal for air pressure drop 1 psi a day if not drived, and lose 3 psi if drived? Sometimes, it raised after drived. Sometimes it doesnt change. What the heck is causing this?
Tires will have higher pressure when hot. But if you're testing them when cold and they keep loosing pressure then you could have a couple of different problems:

Bad Valvestems
Nail or other foreign object causing a slow leak
Bent rims keeping the tires from keep ing a good seal

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K.. THANKS RYAN.. I WILL GO AND CHECK. By the way, is 30 series tires lose air more frequent than others or air pressure should just stay the same forever( under same condition).

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Valve stems on my car leaked for a while, if you take pliers and gently tighten the valve stem from the outside of the rim (being careful not to squeeze too hard). I did that and it worked out for me, no more air leaks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just got my wheel check up today by wheels America. Here is the results- NO bent, NO nails, no leaks,good value stems, nothing wrong at all. They even over-pressure the tires and it show no sign of leaking in a bath tub. They are not going to charge me cuz there is nothing to be fixed, so i think their test are pretty accurate. Their only guess is weight of the car pushing air out which doesnt make sense to me. Have anyone experience this wheel problem? i have g-force ta kd 245/40/18 and 285/30/18 w/ TRD suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts