Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kappa Check 1 2
682 Posts
That'd be a nice find if you end up buying it for a reasonable price!

Not sure what it would be worth without more details.

Good luck!

-Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know yet lady wasnt home but it has a manual transmission I dont know much about them besides they are awesome and I want one. It says 15th anniversary on the side thats all I know

·
Super Moderator
9,943 Posts
Badging, front bumper, corner lights, headlights, etc are all 100% correct for a '97 model so that's likely what it is.

Wheels look like the gunmetal grey JDM 16in wheels, but hard to tell diameter for sure. If they're 16's it's a non turbo because the TT model's brakes don't fit under a 16in wheel.

'97 NA (naturally aspirated aka non turbo) 5-spd like that, 21k to 31k-ish depending on completeness once cleaned up (e.g. you pop the hood and everything is there and stock just neglected vs engine in a million pieces with missing stuff) mileage, interior condition, if all the VIN tags are in place, and how well it cleans up.
If all of those listed things come true, and it has clean paint low miles and a nice interior and it's 100% stock and everything works nicely and is in good condition, around that higher number.
If the interior needs a bunch of new pieces, the headlights need to be replaced, it needs paint, the engine is seized or needs internal work to run, etc, that lower number, possibly lower if all are true.

Given the condition of most cars that look like that when I find them, I'm expecting mice, wiring issues, interior parts and electrical parts that need to be replaced, as well as suspension parts, bushings, belts, hoses, fluids, etc. I also don't think those headlights can be restored and a clean pair of '97-98 headlights are a $900+ proposition these days, used.

If you can get it for under 20k, you're in good shape. I'd expect at least 5-7k in work to really get it tip top, and with that layer of crap on it I'm skeptical about the paint coming back.

Also, keep an eye out for rust along the hatch glass seal and under the car since it's apparently in Washington.

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
Probably worth a lot to the rodents living in it, lol!

I can't believe you went on someone's property to look at the car. They might not be too happy if a neighbor's stalking report precedes your phone call.

Al
Thats how you buy cars in the country Al.....lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, cant believe you can barn find these. If you dont pick it up let me know, I'm local. Good luck though.
You might be surprised that the vast majority of ppl have no idea what Supras are/look like. Especially amongst any generation older than millennials.
To the layman it's some 90s japanese tincan. Most probably mistake them for miatas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I can't believe you went on someone's property to look at the car. They might not be too happy if a neighbor's stalking report precedes your phone call.

Al

Al
I was doing tree work for her and her neighbor but she wasnt home and I dont have her number

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You might be surprised that the vast majority of ppl have no idea what Supras are/look like. Especially amongst any generation older than millennials.
To the layman it's some 90s japanese tincan. Most probably mistake them for miatas.
I know I just barely seen the spoiler sticking out over the junk pile around it

·
Racing is Life.
1,083 Posts
Those are definitely NA wheels. Still a great find. The paint can absolutely be saved if you don't see any clearcoat peeling or rust. The key will be avoiding touching it or wiping it with so much contamination on it. That'll keep from causing truck loads of swirls to remove.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts