Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had no intentions whatsoever of selling my car until I was approached today by someone who was interested in buying the car. He had made me an offer which made me think twice about keeping the car. I just wanted to know an estimated market value or in other words, a fair asking price.

Here are some specs.

1993.5 Supra TT Auto
76,xxx miles
Clean title
Has been in a front end collision by the previous owner (non-matching VINS on front fenders, hood or bumper)

Parts List
OEM
Replaced Auto Shift Knob
Replaced warning lamp circuit board
Replaced Hatchback stoppers
JDM '98 Steering wheel
'98 Seats
'98 Front bumper
'98 headlights
'98 tailights
'98 signal indicators
'98 dash panels
'98 supra turbo emblem

Supension
HKS Hipermax RS Coilovers
TRD 27% Sway bars
TRD Strut tower bar
Rolled and pulled fenders front and rear
245/35/19 and 275/35/19 Toyo T1R tires
19x9.5 and 19x10.5 Work Meister S1C 3 Piece in black

Interior
HKS 52mm boost gauge
Eclipse AVN-5495 DVD Navigation
Sirius Satellite Radio
Ipod interface
PPI 4400 amp
PPI 2200 amp
MB Quart Reference seperates
Nazar speaker box
JL 10w3
Scoche 2 way paging alarm

Engine
Replaced Toyota Water Pump
Replaced Toyota Power Steering Pump
Power enterprise serpentine belt
Replaced tensioner
Valve Stem Seals replaced
Replaced Front main seal / Cam seals
10w-30 Mobil 1
Mobil 1 Oil Filter
Apexi GT Spec Exhaust
Samco upper radiator hose.
PWR radiator.
twin electric fans.
HKS Cam Gears (new style)
HKS Timing Belt
HKS Iridium Plugs
HKS TO4R Kit
Turbonetics TO4 DBB turbo 61mm turbo
SAFCll
HKS EVC EZ

I had a baseline tune done @ 1.15 bar and hit 422hp, but I had bad plugs at that point so we stopped tuning. I have not yet brought it back to the dyno since I have replaced the plugs.

My own subjective ratings:
Exterior: 7/10 Paint is still glossy, car was recently clayed, polished and waxed. There are some dings here and there. The sills below the door panels are a little scuffed, due to a bodykit from the previous owner. The stock wing holes are covered in white vinyl tape.

Interior: 9/10 Interior is super clean. I would give it a 10, but material on the armrests on the door panels are starting to come apart.

Engine: 9/10 I built this car with the intention of having a reliable powerful car within the limits of the stock fuel and tranny. This car was not meant to be a dyno queen. I would give it a 10 after I take it back to dyno and hit my goal of 450.

Some pics

The RMM wing has been removed.

Thanks In Advance for everyone's input.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Apologize for the hijack, but what do you think a 98 *green* TT auto with 60k goes for?

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Id agree with $25K. I have $16K cash right here, Id give you for it. :agreed:

·
Something cool
670 Posts
Apologize for the hijack, but what do you think a 98 teal TT auto with 60k goes for?
Well, kbb says $35k... It might sell for that if it's in perfect condition and completely stock. Teal is obviously not a stock color. To sell it quickly $28k but you could possibably get 30-32 if you moded corectly.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Well, kbb says $35k... It might sell for that if it's in perfect condition and completely stock. Teal is obviously not a stock color. To sell it quickly $28k but you could possibably get 30-32 if you moded corectly.
I meant green

·
Something cool
670 Posts
I meant green
Ha good I was thinking a teal supra would look pretty fugly....
30-35 depending on what the person is looking for and the condition.
For instance in my opinion a stock car should be worth less but many people will pay 5k or more just for that reason. I for instance, would only pay 5k more if it has good mods and nice rims..

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, my thread went out of topic quick.

but thanks anyways for the guys who responded to my question :)

·
Formerly jza8shwoff
128 Posts
John....Ive seen your car from day 1 and now...and you definately have put some good TLC into it....

$25k or so would be what I think its worth.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
$20,000

·
Addicted to Boost
141 Posts
What did he offer you?

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Amazingly clean exactly where?
I'm sure he's talking about the overall look of the car, not talking literally. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't really care about cleaning the car when I took those pics. I'm not much of a picture whore as long I keep the car clean for myself, nor am I here to win a beauty pageant. And 20k? I guess the dollar isn't worth that much in Maryland.

Anyways, to answer someone's question earlier, the guy offered me 25k w/o the wheels, I am still borderline to sell at this point.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
the guy offered me 25k w/o the wheels, I am still borderline to sell at this point.
Better take that fools money and haul ass.

Regards,

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Since its singled, being it a NO RUST CALIFORNIA CAR, Been hit in the front even though it has non-matching Vin Numbers, I would say around 26k-28k Stock tires !!!
Since you did the whole 98 conversion inside and out,
All the belts,waterpumps been changed/upgraded....

You should demand a higher price than 25k!

Dont go lower than 26.5k!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'd say $23k since it's been in an accident. Kal's car is in the forsale section forever at $27k OBO, and his is super clean with less miles, no accidents, also singled.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
If you can get 25K cash plus sell your wheels for 2K on the side, take that deal and run for the hills. 27K is high for an auto, singled or not.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts