Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all NA-Ters and those familiar with AEM:

what is needed to go complete standalone besides AEM 1101? wideband? harness?

does anybody have part numbers or a list of everything an NA-Ter needs?
tank yoo..

·
Registered
21 Posts
For all NA-Ters and those familiar with AEM:

what is needed to go complete standalone besides AEM 1101? wideband? harness?

does anybody have part numbers or a list of everything an NA-Ter needs?
tank yoo..
I swear, Your signature pic and quote are both just too familiar!! :lol:
Anyhow, Your goals , and finances will ultimately decide wich sensors you will want. But You will NEED a Map and an IAT sensor.
And if you want the AEM to control boost for you. A boost control solonoid. Or you can run an independant boost controller as well.
Most go with the AEM or GM sensors, although there are a few others out there as well.
Not required, but you should also have a wideband of some sort.
Also, you will most likely want some other guages as well.
And finally, Save yourself alot of stress. Unless you are willing to spend ALOT of time researching the tuning process on the AEM, A professional tuner is a must.
Good luck, Heres a start on the sensors
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php/topic,3047.0.html

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Wideband would be a good idea as a LM-1 would be much more effiecient than our stock units. Save some gas aswell.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for the info, cantseeme.

so basically, im looking to spend around $3000 for the 1101 unit, map, iat, and wideband (the wideband goes for $800 at mvp).

hmmm.....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Do you use any of the stock o2 sensors with the aem ems? Is there a diffrence between obd1 obd2 cars when installing the aem ems

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
If you want you can use the stock o2 sensor. If you purchased a wideband perviously you can wire it in and it will give you a much more accurate reading. If you would like you can get a AEM wideband that will log your afr's through you AEM directly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thx for the info, cantseeme.

so basically, im looking to spend around $3000 for the 1101 unit, map, iat, and wideband (the wideband goes for $800 at mvp).

hmmm.....
You could get a cheaper Wideband ....But $3K isnt all that far off. I just paid $1650 for the 30-1101 EMS, the AEM 3.5bar, and IAT last month.
And for my Innovate LM-1 WB and anolog guage. Wich was used. i paid $180 .
Aside from a couple welds and tuning, I actually just finshed up my Na-T project. So its untuned. My plan is to hand it off to a tuner next week . Im expecting tuning to be $500-600 . So i'll be at about $2400-2500 on the ems side.
Just about double what i paid for the rest of my setup .

·
Registered
816 Posts
Is the check engine still functional with the new engine management? Does the placement of the IAT egt guage and wide band matter where they are placed , do these install in the down pipe?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
intake air temp sensor, 3.5 map bar sensor, and the aem uego wide band sensor is all i have in mine
how much was ur setup raven?

thanks again, cantseeme. keep us posted with ur #s when u tune ur car. congrats on ur na-t project.

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
has anyone done a megasquirt? i started a thread about it a while ago, but i have gotten no bites...

...damn this lack of search!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Where does the GM map sensor and the IAT sensor plug in at and where do they mount? Do these plug in to a harness that comes with the aem ems?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts