Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 N/A and I was wanting to raise the redline to 8,000, but I would only run it about 7600. What would I need to accopmlish this safely? Springs? Retainers? Also, what would I need to physically remove the factory rev or raise it? One more question, would it be best to remove the fuel cut at this high of rpm? btw, it is an auto stock for now.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Well, you would also need camshafts that would flow to 9,000 rpm. thier is no point in running that high, if you can't flow!. you would need valve springs, titanium valve keepers. and thats all i can think of tonight, im really tired!;)

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
Well, this might be obvious but you need an altered stock ECU or an aftermarket ECU to achieve the higher revs as well. The standard for the stock ones is a "G-Force" or similar reprogrammed unit, or any standalone ECU (AEM, MOTEC, etc.) will also allow you to set the rev limiter anywhere you want. :)

Steve T.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
but in n\a would you want to. after it is all said and done you could have taken the money spent trying to raise the rev limit and bought a TT.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
I've been wondering...

Does the stock toyota have an Eprom that can be programmed? I know people do this on 300ZX TT's all the time. You can even buy software so you can modify it yourself. is this possible with our cars?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts