Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to park my car for awhile and get some work done to it. On top of a new wastegate and BOV, I'm looking into getting a TT style intake setup. What all is needed to do this besides the manifold and a q45 TB with TPS. Also, has anyone ever seen these on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2jzg...6QQihZ004QQcategoryZ36474QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I see many places like titan charing thousands for what seems to be something similar. Does anyone have any experience with these?

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Get in contact with Josh on sf "The Quickness" He makes some sick manifolds for the na motors. They are much more affordable aswell. Ebay is junk steer clear.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
i got one done by DaveH....very nice quality and it is HUGE

just gonna throw some information that I needed before I got the manifold

-your power steering is going to have to get relocated
-battery needed to get smaller or moved
-fuse box had to get relocated

i simplely moved my battery to the back, put the fuse box where the battery was and got a TT power steering pump nipple and attached a metal hose tap to the stock power steering and used a solid rubber hose

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet thanks tt....How hard was it to relocate the fuse box? I've relocated batteries before but never a fuse box.

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Not every manifold requires you to relocate the fuse box or the battery. The FSM manifold allowed me to keep the Fuse box and battery. All you would need to do is relocated your PS Resevoir. Its also good that you dont have to cut into the car for the IC pipe.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Im in the process of putting on TT manifold on modified na runners, theres a slight problem with the height as the hood is touching the mani when closed, a CF hood will fix that :) TP sensor is backwards and you gotta relocate power steering

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realize there is a lot of crappy stuff on ebay...but has anyone heard of someone using one of these intake manifolds? Another one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...ryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Granted, the posted dyno numbers do not necessarily have to be from a setup using this unit, but both of the posted IMs look very similar and claim similar gains to some of the more expensive units.

·
Registered
702 Posts
What exactly will I need to swap out the NA heads, intake manifold and exhaust manifold for TT stuff? With the intent of a 67mm Single setup..

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
so the stock NA runners have to be modiffied if you are using an intake mani for a TT car right? the intake mani's that come for the NA cars do not require the lower runners to be modified, correct?

also for the guys that are using the TT style mani's, how did you go about the IC piping? did you get a kit or a custom system ? thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'd like to know that too...can i purchase and aftermarket intake manifold for a tt and will it bolt up to the NA?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts