Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the valve between the back 3 and front 3 intake runners does? Just curious.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
i am wondering the same. thing?? i was going to post the same question theni saw you did.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
It's suppose to improve low end power by altering the intake chamber size at lower rpm's. I think it's probably more of a gimmic than anything.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could we remove it somehow and not have a problem?

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
I was thinking of taking them out. But i do think it makes a differnce on the low end. And as for the extra flow it give you i figured it would make since to have to paths for the flow. one side front three other side rear 3. wouldnt taking out mess up the flow cause all it is a open while that would now be between the runneres. . to get any result i would think you would have to port the middlte of it out and make the runners are conect compared to them being behine a wall with a small door. Does this make since? Im reasearhing this as we speak. Any idea's or info would help alot Thanks Xdreamerr

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
I am pretty damn sure you will loss low end torque but not sure if it it will gain in the high end. wouldnt you have t o port that wall between the runners out and take out the butterfly. and what not. have you done this before the car was turbo?

I supresied not many people know about the n/as engine compared to the turbo's/. lol we dont have to be slow we have tricks to lol.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts