Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am curious to know since most NA's are running mid 14's to 15's, what are your 60ft. times. I was at the track last Saturday and got 1 decent run on street tires (235/40/18 Fr & 265/35/18 Rr) Is it possible to do better than a 2.0 sec 60ft. launch on an NA???

Post your best 60 ft. times on here!!! :D

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Not sure if this is my best 60' but it's the only slip I can find right now. I did a 2.34...but everytime my launches sucked ass. How was your experience Kev? What numbers did you get?

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris,

i got 2 decent runs on bad wheels (slippery street tires 265/35 rear on heavy 3piece wheels), 3.75in catb exhaust, and 80 deg weather...ran a 15.3 & 15.5 sec 1/4 on stock na. And a 2.3 & 2.4sec 60 ft(both slipped throughout 1st) . I was satified knowing i could definitely get into the 14's with stock wheels and better tires. :)

idrewfelix,

Did you spray within your 60ft or after? Either way, post your 60ft w or w/o nos.

Note:
Purpose of this thread is to know where most Na's are averaging with their 60ft since we lack boost.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Throw a crazy clutch and some slicks on an NA and you could probably get it into 2.0 60' but not many people do this.
Most NAs (even those with bolt-ons :)) at the track are running stock clutches and street tires, or drag radials at best.
The trick is to launch the NA at ~5,000 RPM without destroying the clutch and while still maintaining traction.

If you do it, you can have the title: "Worlds Quickest 60' NA Supra"

~Alan

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SPORTcoupe said:
Throw a crazy clutch and some slicks on an NA and you could probably get it into 2.0 60' but not many people do this.
Most NAs (even those with bolt-ons :)) at the track are running stock clutches and street tires, or drag radials at best.
The trick is to launch the NA at ~5,000 RPM without destroying the clutch and while still maintaining traction.

If you do it, you can have the title: "Worlds Quickest 60' NA Supra"

~Alan
I launched at around 4K rpm so i wouldnt slip with street tires but still didnt get traction and slipped throughout 1st. With the setup i ran at the track i should've had launched at 2500-3k rpm. Oh well, next time i'll bring a better setup ;)

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
The most recent timeslip I found from Irwindale in '02 I ran a 2.282 and a 2.089 60 ft (the last with a .904 r/t hehe). I'm not sure what I ran in FL when my car was a couple of years old but I did have a couple of 2.0's in there as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts