Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,919 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'm about to fix things up and I didn't know about this article. THe guy before me tried redline once and my shifter didn't like recentering. I replaced a few parts that would help this but didn't know about what this article explained. I'll try to replace this too if it's not expensive as hell.

Ranger498 said:
for the toyota trany most recomended you use only the factor fluid
some here use the redline oils with no problems .

as for me i use the factory stuff

read this it might help.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/getrag/no_redline/getrag.html

· Registered
2,919 Posts
No no no guys! :) I ALWAYS put Toyota fluid in but the previous owner put in Redline and fucked something up in the tranny because of it. Read the article Ranger posted to see what I'm talking about. THAT is the additional cost. I've already put in $7xx in parts and fluid so far in my quest to rebuild my transmission. This is considered a minor rebuild too since everything is fine but some basic cheaper things like synchros, etc. I'm not sure how much the added cost of this part will cost (one in the article) since it's large and contains a bunch of other parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.