Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know what is the best exhaust system for the supra when it is bpu?? im sure everyone has different opinions, but i would like to know what everyone suggests. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by BlitzRedSupra:
<STRONG>i need to know what is the best exhaust system for the supra when it is bpu?? im sure everyone has different opinions, but i would like to know what everyone suggests. :)</STRONG>
Well first of all, wrong forum to ask this question but I'll answer anyway.

In my opinion the Tanabe Racing Medallion is an awesome exhaust.

L

·
0 Posts
hi ,
my suggest sheep dog is pretty good exhaust system fr supra mkiv , that is no a lot people using it , and real good deep songs in this exhaust , a lot people like this exhaust when we go to supra club meeting at Las vegas at 1998

T

·
0 Posts
Me personly i would pick the HKS Titanium Hyper Exhaust system because it sounds good looks good and its a racing exhaust system :D.

S

·
0 Posts
If u have the money go for an HKS Ti, but us poor bastards got to get what we can with our food stamps and welfare checks

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Would an HKS ti be overkill for a BPU+++ Supra? I really want that exhuast but doesnt the super not really gain anything from it until you get in the upwards of 600hp?.. I wont go single til next year, it will still kick ass until I go single wont it? just didnt know if another exhaust would be better at the lower power range but I cant see buying 2 instead of just getting the ti right from the start... id appreciate some feedback on this before i go buy something else :D

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
646 Posts
I have the HKS SuperDragger on my BPU++ and love it. Personally, I think it looks the best out of all the exhausts...not too loud, not too quite...great build quality also...Darshana S...

C

·
0 Posts
I've got the HKS SuperDragger and like it alot. It sounds, performs, and looks great!

Jon

F

·
0 Posts
I like the Apexi N1, its only $400 and verystraith one peice design and sounds good.

X

·
0 Posts
Tanabe Racing Medallion. For a little less noise, go with HKS SD or GReddy PE. (I love my Power Extreme!)

·
Registered
66 Posts
My personal taste for the "best" exhaust for a Supra is obvious. I would go custom, with a minimal muffler. And make sure you get a decent-looking tip, maybe 4-5". This is what I will be replacing my Dual Drager with soon. I love the sound of the DD - but it's just not loud enough for me. It's time to get some sound out of this 2JZ-GTE.... :D

rasidel

·
Man Of Leisure
15 Posts
Originally posted by pooshda:
<STRONG>Would an HKS ti be overkill for a BPU+++ Supra? I really want that exhuast but doesnt the super not really gain anything from it until you get in the upwards of 600hp?.. I wont go single til next year, it will still kick ass until I go single wont it? just didnt know if another exhaust would be better at the lower power range but I cant see buying 2 instead of just getting the ti right from the start... id appreciate some feedback on this before i go buy something else :D</STRONG>
I don't believe the HKS Ti gives huge power gains over any other aftermarket exhaust at bpu power levels...if you're building a monster single car, then you will probably start seeing gains, but even then, not that much (maybe 15-20hp, assuming you have a matching 4" dp) OTOH if you buy another exhaust, and choose to sell it later when you get the Ti, you won't lose much money on it...either way works.

BTW, I don't think there's such a thing as a "best exhaust" for a bpu car, just get whichever one you like - they're all about the same performance-wise.

Edmund
97tt bpu6

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
well, this weekend there are going to be a few upgrades on my dawg!
new clutch, flywheel, rmm dp, and racing medallion exhaust.

I was wondering, does anyone have any sound clips of the racing medallion exhaust???

just wondering if anyone has any clips or can record and wav. files for me to hear it. or am I just gonna have to wait till I get it on :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
284 Posts
HKS TITANIUM, no question best exhaust for mkiv.

Most flowing exhaust = most performance
Good Clearence = Less speed bumb rumbles
Great Silencer = Less noice than stock WOT, and highway driving.

no question..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts