Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been racing the hell out my BL tranny every weekend for the past year, mostly 1/8 mile action since i dont have a cage in my car. I have been doing most 6.4-6.7s on 18 BFG drag radials. I am now using et streets and doing 6.30s at around 112mph, which roughly comes out to 9.7-8 in the 1/4 mile. I want to know if anyone has gone much faster with this tranny.. I know that its going to break one day, but when?? How much faster can i go with this tranny??

im boostin 2 bar and spraying a 125 shot all the way thru..

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Larry Prebis' "SP01" ran a 9.54 ET.

Reactions: GotToyota?

·
D-Bag
559 Posts
Umm yeah 5 years later it is just .10 seconds slower.
ZBlacktt said:
So a stock OEM Six Speed is .10 slower than a Built OEM auto tranny? More all the reason why I love the manual, lol. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
built level 10

I ran a [email protected] with a built auto on 17 inch drag radials
back in 2001.

·
Boost Junkie
12,672 Posts
I've seen a lot of low, low 10s, high 9s in built autos, but Larry's is the quickest. I have a BL built auto and PI 3800 stall converter just waiting for install. Can't wait.

Steve K.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
I still cant believe no one has broken this record!! And back in 2000 when we ran the 9.54 all of the 6 speeds were in the high 10s........ if that!

·
Keeper of the Ring
1,150 Posts
RZA36 said:
Umm yeah 5 years later it is just .10 seconds slower.
So what I stated is still correct? Right ;)

Anyway, don't want to loose site of the topic and turn it into another " one drives the car ". I just though an Auto regardless would have a greater distance than .10 of a second no matter the year.

Since Larry has been the long time record holder of this record like many others. Is there any web page built on Supra records of firsts? Like the first over 600rwhp, 700rwhp and so on. The first 11sec, 10sec, time etc? It would certainly shed light on those that have been doing this for a long time and give more respect to them. I know, off the topic, but hey. It could be a place were we could all go back and learn / reflect. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Has anyone broken into the 9's with no NOS and a built Toyota tranny? Is it possible?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
fencekey said:
Has anyone broken into the 9's with no NOS and a built Toyota tranny? Is it possible?
No, a 9 second pass has not been made on the Toyota auto without plenty of nitrous. I believe everyone mentioned in this thread also damaged their transmission making those times.

John H

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
John H said:
I believe everyone mentioned in this thread also damaged their transmission making those times.

John H

No, we didnt hurt the trannys on those runs. Although when making this much power you roll the dice with every run while using the Toyota tranny and the small sprags in it.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
ZBlacktt said:
So a stock OEM Six Speed is .10 slower than a Built OEM auto tranny? More all the reason why I love the manual, lol. :D
It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile..........ok I won't go into that :D

Those are some pretty damn good times for a stock built auto.......I'm impressed :)

How long did Marko's stock tranny hold up after that 9.57 pass?

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
John H said:
I believe everyone mentioned in this thread also damaged their transmission making those times.

John H
I believe in some cases the trans didn't technically "fail" due to breakage, but were damaged from TC debris entering the tranny.

Brad

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
I ran a [email protected] on a 67P @ 33lbs of boost and on a BL Built Trans with a 3800 TC.

NO NOS
I plan to beat that this summer with my new setup!

vnt ;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i havent break mine yet..i was just wondering how much more power can it take before it breaks..i know that the BL tranny is very strong and reliable if i keep it at this level, but i know there is a limit. I want to take it to that limit and stay their for awhile.

·
Registered
904 Posts
sc300 said:
i havent break mine yet..i was just wondering how much more power can it take before it breaks..i know that the BL tranny is very strong and reliable if i keep it at this level, but i know there is a limit. I want to take it to that limit and stay their for awhile.
I am wondering the same thing as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts