Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for street driving only. I want performance but ease of use and quiet functioning is important also thanks

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
cb123 said:
This is for street driving only. I want performance but ease of use and quiet functioning is important also thanks
For BPU, get an RPS pressure plate and a stock disc. (This combination is also known as the RPS Stage 2 or TRD Single Disc, but buying these components separately will save you a good chunk of change.)

Don't forget to get a new stock flywheel, flywheel bolts, snap rings, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and rear main seal.

Andi

·
HKS whore
31 Posts
i'm in need of a new clutch too and was wondering how the TRD twin disc is in terms of driveability? is there a lot of clutch chatter?

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
ApexSupra1 said:
i'm in need of a new clutch too and was wondering how the TRD twin disc is in terms of driveability? is there a lot of clutch chatter?
TRD Twin is IMHO the easiest to drive of the HIGH torque clutches, i.e. compared to an RPS Stage 3 etc... Too bad it comes with a lightweight flywheel -- all lightweight flywheels cause a lot of transmission rattling at idle.

The lightweight flywheel also makes launching more difficult as it has less inertia.

Andi

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My clutch rattles and chatters also

I'm looking for a clutch for my 97TT for street use that doesn't make noise and performs well. I't would also be nice if it wasn't so hard to push down the clutch pedal thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for basic street use and mild upgrades i would suggest the Clutch Masters Stage 1 kit. very smooth engagment with the organic disk. nice light pedal effort due to the "high leverage" relocated clutch fork design. this also helps keep down the damaging backpressure on the TOB, crank and clutch system. upgraded PP for mild mods and decent holding power. heres a pic....

yes, you will get some "rattling" noise if you put in an high performance light FW such as the Fidanza unit. this is the down side of this, however the bennies are great...faster boost, quicker shifts, less engine braking (more efficeint braking), longer engine life, easier starts, power to the wheels faster.

ive got damn good prices on Clutch Masters kits save even more if you purchase a Fidanza FW with it. email me privatley for more details and pricing.

regards,
terry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts