Supra Forums banner

What is the MAX boost for T-78 with stock fuel??

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  boostedsupratt 
#1 ·
I'm running stock ic, maf, and fuel with a T-78. Should I get the soft spring? What boost should I run? I have the HKS, Boost Controller EVC EZ....should I worry about boost spike?? What EGT is normal....what is too much?? And don't crack on me for going T-78 with stock fuel....my stocks blew up and I don't have all the money just yet for a fuel system and I didn't want a small turbo. (sorry just had to cover myself) Thanks ahead of time.

G
#5 ·
I run 1.1 bar with FMIC so 1 bar I would have to second the 1 bar on stock IC thought. And no highway pulls in upper gears either. I have problems accepting that but I don't want to blow my motor either. VETKILR, was that you at Speedcraft a couple of days ago? I was getting dynoed the day before when you called and I came back two days later to see what you had laid down. Dwight said that you were putting on the PHR stage 2. I'm jealous. Post some numbers when you can.

Eric

T-78, 500 rwhp w/stock fuel and 152500 miles? Now that's a goal.

G
#10 ·
Actually the Stock intercooler is fake. I know someone that ran 1.7 on a T78 with dual mass, fuel, and still on the stock intercooler becuase his was takeing so long to get in. It handled 1.7 bar on race gas at the track several times before the plastic endtanks started to come off. Yours may not hold that much but he may have gonned lucky. Intercooler was tost after 2 months of a t78.

Chris

G
#11 ·
Holy geez! 1.7 bar! I run 16 psi and my stock fuel is at it's absolute limit. I couldn't imagine hitting 24.6 psi and the after effects of it. I think I would have a motor for a bootscaper after the first run.

Eric

T-78, 500 rwhp w/stock fuel and 152500 miles? Now that's a goal.

G
#12 ·
I know someone that ran 1.7 on a T78 with dual mass, fuel, and still on the stock intercooler
I believe he means with upgraded fuel. I have a video of me racing him with that setup with both of us at 1.7 bar. Certainly, the stock IC is a flow restriction. On a cold night, it may be sufficient for charge air cooling, but there is a limit in CFM.

#15 ·
I was on a T04S04 before and that turbo couldnt huff enough to really perform well (did a 12.1@120 on nittos)

I now have a T70 turbo. I run 1.6 kg/cm2 on 50/50 112 vp+91 octane pump gas. Havent had any problems and the car pulls like a raped ape. I should be bringing it to the track soon.

Monitoring O2 voltage with an SAFC, the O2's maintain around .900

EGT's peak at 920 during a 6th gear pull. 4th gear pulls (ie, quarter mile) nets about 860 EGT's and 5th gear pulls net 900's even. That is with the probe mounted in the collector.

The fuel system is COMPLETELY stock and as of yet, doesnt even have a fuel pulsation dampener bypass.. the FP is hotwired tho.

I am at 4000 ft. altitude tho, so i probably need to run about 2 more pounds of boost to make the same power i would at sea level.

#16 ·
here we go again.....

I have run 1.5 bar on stock fuel and IC with maf also. That was on race gas though.
I have my profec B set at 1.1 bar max to race and .8 bar for street use. Last night at 1.1 bar on the highway with OD on, I was seeing high 700's to very low 800's for egt's....on a 1.5 bar run, my A/f was reading was ~.925-.936. Everybody has an opinion on this, but this is my experience with the kit and stock fuel and IC.

Good luck
SH
T78

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.