Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm putting a BOV on a different applicatoin other than a supra and i'm looking for a quiet BOV to try and be as stealthy as possibly since this isn't a turbocharged vehicle from the factory

thanks

·
boost is good
772 Posts
well it depends what car its on...greddy type-s is pretty quiet on supra, then ive heard it on a dsm and it was loud as shit....just get one and route it back into the i/c piping and it wont be loud, actually the greddy type s would be a good canidate since where the air vents on, you can easily put a hose on it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya the thing that keeps the stock one quiet it routing it back into the intake.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
intake meaning......where?

intake of the turbo?

intake of the intercooler tubing?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Intake meaning pre-turbo. What application is this for stock turbos or single? If it's for the stock twins I recommend the HKS SSBOV with the Supra mounting kit and then getting the return kit. It would be a 15 minute install.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
If you will run less than 16psi, you may consider the BOSCH BOV, which is an OEM unit on some Porsches. You can get them for under $45 in most cases. You may review some notes on this at supras.com in the tech-tips.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it will be under 16psi on a chevy small block twin turbo

bosch you say huh? cool

thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
154 Posts
isnt the Tial unit supposed to be one of the best venting BOVs on the market?? and technically, the better the BOV vents, the quieter it is. usually, the louder ones are not as adequate in the venting department. one example that proves this is when you whistle. you cant whistle with your mouth wide open. :)

so my vote got for Tial.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am also looking for a Bov . I'm leaning towards the HKS so far because there is no way it can leak. But I' still openminded

I have a Cobra with a blower(16psi) and awant to vent to the atmoshere.
What do you guys think About getting one, then putting a long hose on it and routing it under the car,Would this have an effect on its performance or anything? TIA

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the apexi twin chamber BOV. It has an adjustable ring around the BOV hat controls the deciple of the BOV. So it could be loud and then pretty quiet.

-Vic

·
Registered
275 Posts
Go with the HKS SS you won't regret it. If you want it quiet just pull out the 3 spoke fin or you can get the purple insert and let it vent to atmosphere and you won't hear anything but a faint woosh and I mean faint as in having the windows down and really trying to listen for it. I did that on one of my cars and it worked out perfectly and you didn't need to spend any money or waste any time trying to fab up a return line and all the mess involved, especially already being good and tight with little room as it is in the stock location. By the way if anyone knows someone who has the stock chrome 3 spoke insert for a HKS SS let me know cause I want the sound and already bought the purple insert and it didn't sound any different from when I had no insert at all, what a waste of money, I wish I could find my original insert, I miss my electronic sneeze sound :(

Thanks,

Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts