Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Greddy Type S bov and it has a VERY thin nipple coming off of the back side. I know what the vaccum actuator on the front is for, but what the hell is that little nipple for?

Help please...

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Does it look like this?

Close?

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Sorry.

Couldn't resist...

Not sure about the Greddy nipple. It shows in the instructions. I believe it is for certain turbocharged applications. Check the MKIV.com site for install pics/manual pages...

Here's the rest of the "nipple" pic. I owe you. :D

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish it looked like that. Believe me, I would know what to do with that nipple :)

I checked MKIV and couldn't find anything and I bought the BOV used, so no owners manual.

Any ideas?

R

·
0 Posts
If it's the one that connets to the bottom of the diaphram, it's for quicker release. You connect it to a source before the TB and when the throttle closes the BOV opens a little quicker because of the extra pressure under the diaphram. The downside is under high boost the valve will want to leak with the extra pressure forcing it open

I know the mini-mopar guys are using the similiar setup, somewhere on the web there's a site detailing putting a solenoid on the line going to the lower nipple so you can have quick release for daily driving and still avoid the leaking under max boost

Rob_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts