Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is this part (found on rear sub-frame)??? - PICS

I was checking for rust on the bottom of my car and found a lot as I would expect. 17 years of Canadian weather had killed the car for sure.
Anways... to the point:

I found this part on the rear subframe just dangling around... Seemed like it was just sitting there and it rusted off completely over the years. Does anyone know what this is and what it does? Is it important?

I looked at the parts catalogue and figured it was this part I circled in red:

This is where I found it on the car... Yes my subframe is really rusted... I think I'm gonna have to look for a MKIII with less rust.

Thanks.

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Thats better :bigthumb:

Um rust dude thats CANCER bits dropin off ant good

Orginal question = that is to absorb vibration no its not important

Rust in peace :rockon:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
looks like your car was winter driven lol...

sorry i have no idea.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
take off the subframe and have it shot cleaned.. it will look brand new.. ask me how i know..

did this to a 90 corssmemeber.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
That subframe looks like CRAP!

S

·
0 Posts
dang. that is a canidate for the supra cameno (truck supra) but with less care then the real one. just a sawzall, a mig welder, and some sheet metal. hahahaha but it would be awsome!

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes this is accumulated rust from 17 years of Canadian Winters!!! Canada Winters suck big time... the salt and water etc just eat at your chassis... The rest of the body is good... its just the rear looks like crud.......

To shot peen etc... i don't think i even dare take it apart... if I do, it'd prob crack on me... lol...

S

·
0 Posts
yeah well that part acts like a traction bar. when you gun it the fram twists and moves up, that block hits a plate on the floorboard and pushes the wheels down on the ground. so you might be abole to get that drift you've always wanted but were never abole to aceve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts