Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....have a leftover part ( i think it came from the car, have too much junk in the garage) from some head work over the winter. Any guesses. I am thinking it has something to do with the rad. Cant seem to find any place it would fit however.

·
Registered
907 Posts
looks like the tow hook to me, im sure im wrong though

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've had my car completely apart over time and never have seen it. It doesn't look my tow hooks or the engine hooks.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
MDoe8 said:
looks like the tow hook to me, im sure im wrong though
you're right. I mean you're wrong. whatever!
The holes in my tow hooks are not circular.

We do need a scale (pic with a ruler) and a look at that other end.
Doesn't ring a bell with me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures up.....like I said I am 12.333% it has something to do with the rad....hahaha....thats why I am asking the gurus....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also like I said I am 12.333% sure it has something to do with the rad. And 95% percent sure if it does have something to do with the rad it will be on the bottom somewhere.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I went and looked, not the tow hooks, not the engine hooks, saw nothing on the radiator or headlight assembly related to it. Shoot, I couldn't find anything close to that. Sorry man i tried

·
11,221 Posts
I'd just throw it away, lol. I find misc parts off my Supra in my garage all the time, but when I clean up, shit has to go :(

I have like a whole storage of misc shit I dunno wtf is. I just work on my car, and throws everything on the ground. When I'm done I sweep it up and throw it in a cabinet.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Is that the thing(there are 2 of them) that the rubber pieces sit on top of to support the radiator? Just a shot in the dark

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
lis2k said:
Is that the thing(there are 2 of them) that the rubber pieces sit on top of to support the radiator? Just a shot in the dark
I was thinking the same thing. Either on top or on the bottom. Either on the radiator or condensor. Either way it's only a bracket. Either, either, either. :)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
michaelvanle said:
I'd just throw it away, lol. I find misc parts off my Supra in my garage all the time, but when I clean up, shit has to go :(

I have like a whole storage of misc shit I dunno wtf is. I just work on my car, and throws everything on the ground. When I'm done I sweep it up and throw it in a cabinet.

That's smart. Greatest idea i've ever heard. :bigthumb: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I don't think they would change that between the two cars.... I just put my radiator back into my NA on Tuesday and saw nothing like it. :-/

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much movement do you all have in your rad. Is it tight at the top or is it somewhat easily moveable from front to back if you are pulling and pushing on the rad cap parallel to the floor not perpendicular???? Asq + Bsq = Csq ..... hahaha

·
Registered
240 Posts
there's two of those on the car... the hole you see is what you use to connected to the upper radiator support that runs across the car and the two pin looking things has a rubber block that goes on it... if you find the two bolts that bolts down the radiator move towards the middle of the car about 3 inches and stare down in between the radiator and the radiator core support you'll see the bolt that holds that piece in the picture...I believe that piece serves as a holder for the top of the ac condensor which is in front of the radiator...

Damn I've been spending too much time on the car... knowing it inside out...

·
Registered
696 Posts
^ Ahhh... nice job! I didn't fool with the condensor. By upper radiator supports, I was thinking the two little black U shaped brackets on top. I guess I never paid attention to was was underneath.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts