Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I was replacing a hole left by my lack of an antenna. So I open the hatch and open the little compartment to get in there when i found a hose, 2 hoses actually. Im not sure if they are suppose to be connected or not but they aren't and I can't figure out what they are for. One hose comes from the front and one comes from the rear. The hose from the rear sort of has a Y split in it. It split branches out midway and isnt as long. The hose coming from the front is a little bit bigger than the other hose and like i said im not sure if they are suppose to be connected or wat they even do. If anyone can help me out that would be great. I can take pictures later on if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
201 Posts
jurkey77 said:
Hey,
I was replacing a hole left by my lack of an antenna. So I open the hatch and open the little compartment to get in there when i found a hose, 2 hoses actually. Im not sure if they are suppose to be connected or not but they aren't and I can't figure out what they are for. One hose comes from the front and one comes from the rear. The hose from the rear sort of has a Y split in it. It split branches out midway and isnt as long. The hose coming from the front is a little bit bigger than the other hose and like i said im not sure if they are suppose to be connected or wat they even do. If anyone can help me out that would be great. I can take pictures later on if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help! :bigthumb:
What year Supra? On my 1990 the antenna had two drain pipes connected to it for drainage of rain water.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, it's probably the drainpipes from the antenna... Does the hose that goes towards the rear go out through the bottom of the compartment?

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
That or the rear noozle? aight peace:chicken:

·
Registered
201 Posts
If I remember right the antenna connection was heavy and black in color. What color are the other pipes? My memory is a little fuzzy but I think the drain pipes were clear (see through).

Correction: Just checked mine out now. The drain pipe is black not clear. So you have the drain pipe that splits off into a Y connection that went on two places on the stock antenna, the antenna line and the power cable with a conector at the end. Boy I forgot how small that access door is! No wonder you don't know whats going on. LOL. Hope I got it right for ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts