Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Driven
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know top speed (without speed limiter) on 94 TT 6 spd BPU+ cam gears???

I think 180 + judging by the way it pulls all the way through the gears. I think Andi said he hit 180 and then let off.

Anyone gone to redline/ rev limiter in 6th with a car like this???

:bigok: Todd

M

·
0 Posts
my at was 305 kmh (190,6 mph) and i think you can drive mt little above this speed...
cu
mac

W

·
0 Posts
You should be able to bury the speedo, for sure. Highest I've managed (rarely get a clear enough highway to hit those speeds up here in Chicago) was to just over 180MPH on the speedo (tach was at around 6600RPM gauge) before I had to haul in some serious braking to avoid a few cars ahead of me. ;) That was BPU w/ FMIC, cam gears, and a lightweight flywheel (which in theory would hurt top speed), and the car lowered about 1.75" on 275/35ZR18 rears (and no rear wing, less drag). It was still pulling, albeit very slowly.

Pulls up to 160MPH easy and fast enough to do the following (on 325/30ZR18's, so a little more fudge factor) without too much worrying, tried to get more later but ran out of road again: http://pete.waterman.net/drive2.jpg http://pete.waterman.net/drive3.jpg. (note the bridge in the first picture linked, then in the second picture linked - gives you an idea of how well the car is still pulling at those speeds, but how slow compared to at much lower speeds)

With the small single, the car pulls much smoother at 130+. I need new fronts before I try a top end pull again, though.

-Pete

·
Registered
317 Posts
For the BPU guys, how do you get past the limiter?

Have all of you replaced/modded the ECU (in addition to the BCC)?

Isn't the computer supposed to restrict us to 155.
How do i get rid of that (not that I plan on going that fast ;) )

·
Registered
362 Posts
pnty drpr said:
For the BPU guys, how do you get past the limiter?

Have all of you replaced/modded the ECU (in addition to the BCC)?

Isn't the computer supposed to restrict us to 155.
How do i get rid of that (not that I plan on going that fast ;) )
Just pull the TRAC fuse or remove the TC connector from the throttle body. MKIV.com has a tech article on it.

Flavio

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
I did ~185 MPH in my auto BPU (dpipe, exhaust, pulled hoses, FFCD) and let off, the car was still pulling slightly. A 6speed should be able to do ~195 MPH.

FORCE-FED said:
Anyone know top speed (without speed limiter) on 94 TT 6 spd BPU+ cam gears???

I think 180 + judging by the way it pulls all the way through the gears. I think Andi said he hit 180 and then let off.

Anyone gone to redline/ rev limiter in 6th with a car like this???

:bigok: Todd

·
Registered
317 Posts
They've been down since last week, but thanks.
I wasn't aware that the track fuse out would eliminate the top speed governor. I already have it pulled, so this is an added bonus.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts