Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys own this generation of bmw? Looking at a 3 series coupe as I'm trying to find a nice car that's better on gas.

Also, how would I go about getting a car at auction? Do I have to go through a broker, or can I just go straight to auction?

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
I love 2002's... but they are classics that can be made into some crazy cars I would suggest buying it as a Project car instead

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
I love 2002's... but they are classics that can be made into some crazy cars I would suggest buying it as a Project car instead
Oh shit. I think he's right!

·
There can only be one!
1,604 Posts
Any of you guys own this generation of bmw? Looking at a 3 series coupe as I'm trying to find a nice car that's better on gas.

Also, how would I go about getting a car at auction? Do I have to go through a broker, or can I just go straight to auction?
Quit buyin fucking gay cars man. :nono:

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
I just realized dude was talking about a 3-series. I completely skipped over that part of the sentence.

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Wait are you asking about say a 1977 BMW 2002 or a 2002 BMW E46?

I presume you mean something like a 2002 330ci? They really aren't going to be any better on gas than a Supra; however, it is a much nicer car than a MKIII any day.

Something like this?

Just checked the E46 is ranked slightly better than the MKIII but not much.

·
BMW Tech
337 Posts
there gas miles can range from 24 in town to 30 highway if really pushing the gas saving. BTW this is on a 323ci with a intake, transmission chip and cat back exhaust.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude I need a DD bad, and I've got a 25-30 mile commute one way to bear stearns.

I also am not driving a MK3 lol, I sold that awhile ago just haven't updated my sig.

I am looking for something UNDER 30K, a nice plush interior, SOFT ride, and something good looking obviously, preferably a coupe.

If the E46 coupe is not the best choice, I'd love to hear some suggestions. Thanks.

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
Dude I need a DD bad, and I've got a 25-30 mile commute one way to bear stearns.

I also am not driving a MK3 lol, I sold that awhile ago just haven't updated my sig.

I am looking for something UNDER 30K, a nice plush interior, SOFT ride, and something good looking obviously, preferably a coupe.

If the E46 coupe is not the best choice, I'd love to hear some suggestions. Thanks.
Take this from me -trust me you want to- it is an excellent car but it will not be without minor headaches unless you pay the premium for an enthusiast owned car. Many E46's are abused and commonly neglected by uneducated or unwilling consumers oblivious to the maintenance needs of their new car.

To ensure happy motoring; get the largest engine you can afford in the newest model and perform maintenance yourself following the classic BMW schedules.

·
BMW Tech
337 Posts
You want a soft ride and your picking a BMW 3'er. HA.

Those 3'ers unless they have shot suspension have a pretty hard ride. Pick up a tyota or lexus.

·
Registered
826 Posts
See if you can still find a '07 GTO on the lots, should be going for real cheap.. like 26K cheap. LSx engines are known to get great highway mileage. Totally beats driving around in a douche-bag 3-series (sorry 3 series owners). :love:

·
Registered
35 Posts
i say any IS Toyota/Lexus FTW! you cant really go wrong with Toyota. they are reliable and get decent gas mileage. dont listen to the SC folks unless u want to send more money on a car that isnt really worth as much! good luck in whatever u do!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts