Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coolant level is a little low. What type of coolant should I use to fill it up? Just buy the type of coolant recommended in the manual from Pepboys? I read somewhere there is "Toyota Red" coolant? Where can I get that other than at the dealer? Whats the resonable price for them? Thanks alot!!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Toyota Red" coolant

only at the dealer!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what you have right now? If you don't I wouldn't fill it. You should drain it and fill it with fresh new coolant. Then you can use what ever brand you want..... You should be able to get "Toyota Red" from a dealer or some radiator shop.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they are toyota red, since they are red in color? Are there any other coolant that is red in color? What should the ratio be? what is the harmful effect of mixing coolant? Thanks.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just learn this last week installing Fluidyne.:D Anyway, use 50/50 and you don't want to use more coolant then the water. I was also told to go for 30/70 for better cooling. But, you'll have to replace colant more often.....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
30/70, I assume it is 30 for coolant and 70 for water?

·
10,459 Posts
correct!

but also check out this link it states a Coolant 20 percent Toyota Red Coolant (~2 qts)

80 percent distilled water (~8 qts)

1 bottle of Red Line Water Wetter

works great also!

http://www.vache.org/supra/maintenance.htm

sayho said:
30/70, I assume it is 30 for coolant and 70 for water?

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
hsk73 said:
I just learn this last week installing Fluidyne.:D Anyway, use 50/50 and you don't want to use more coolant then the water. I was also told to go for 30/70 for better cooling. But, you'll have to replace colant more often.....
Not true, as long as you also add water wetter, which contains an anti-corrosive. This combo gives better cooling *and* your coolant will not need to be changed more often.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why toyota red over green?

Recently had flush & refill. Dealer used green?

·
10,459 Posts
Re: Why toyota red over green?

cant explain why since i really dont know but it has been said on these forums tat the green made some car leak after only a few 100 miles ..best to ask curt at elmhurst toyota
1 800 266 3000
jakemarietta said:
Recently had flush & refill. Dealer used green?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts