Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know of a good kind of sound system to put into a show toyota supra tt, I dont care what the cost of the system is, PLZ HELP ME!!!

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
what kind of a budget do you have? if there is no budget, i would suggest a full surround sound system with a flipout in dash LCD, DVD player, a nice 3 way set (Focal, etc) in the front, or maybe horns and some 8s in the doors, with 2-4 12"s or maybe 3 15"s in the hatch in a fiberglass gelcoated enclosure.

personally, i would go with Image Dynamics horns with matching 8" mid, and 3 or 4 12" Image Dynamics subs, the new line, cant remember the name. for amps, i would go with Pheonix Gold. pricy, but excellent quality and you can use it for everything, it wiring, amps, capacitors, voltage gauge, etc.

S

·
0 Posts
if budget isnt a proboblem

The high end 3 way Dynaudio setup for the front.
Same for the back.

The competition class Alpine or Eclipse deck.
Or the ALPINE F1 Status :) << yummmy

2 JL W7 10's, or 4 JL W3 10"s

All powerd by JL Amps << use no other.......

And be sure to give each speaker in the dynaudio setups, theyer own amp....

Then BI amp each sub. 200-300 watts per VC.

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
"All powerd by JL Amps << use no other......."

Are you on drugs ? There are DOZENS of better amps especially when budget is not a problem...Tube driven amps for instance, or McIntosh!!!! Or Xtant! Or ...or....Ach, this topic is making me mad....

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
Hell, if you're really not interested in money you could get Arc Audio rainbow series components ($7500.00) or Brax components, i don't know the price of thoose though. And Alpine F#1 series HU and processor is a must!

M

·
0 Posts
*sigh.* plenty of good amps and speakers out there. Despite the brand allegiances above, you have many suitable choices.

Brax components, incidentally, run about $2500 for the Graphic Pros and $900 for the Graphics.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea

Yea theres no budget, I dont care how much it cost, I want the best. :)

B

·
0 Posts
GO FOR A FULL CLARIAN SYSTEM. that is the best of the best.
-Ben
if i had the money i would go with clarian

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
i would suggest talking to local shops, and see who does the best work. i know people that do installs out of thier garages that are better than shops, so you just have to look around. once you find a good installer, then you should ask them for suggestions on equipment. if they are familair installing a brand, they will often be better than someone who has never used the brand before.

also, if cost is no option, defintely go with the Alpine #F1 Status. just look at the #F1 BMW M3 if you need ideas.....

·
805 Posts
radio shack should be able to help you out...go with their orion series stuff, really high high end for a cheap low price.
yeagy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alpine Head Unit
Focal Utopia Highs/Mids
Xtant amps
JL W7 subs

S

·
0 Posts
how about this:
eclipse amps or the soundstream tarantula
three eclipse 12's, titanium
momo front and rear with tweets
pioneer head unit w/dvd and 8in. screen or eclipse dvd
and a capacitor
with monster cable

H

·
0 Posts
Sterling said:
if budget isnt a proboblem

The high end 3 way Dynaudio setup for the front.
Same for the back.

The competition class Alpine or Eclipse deck.
Or the ALPINE F1 Status :) << yummmy

2 JL W7 10's, or 4 JL W3 10"s

All powerd by JL Amps << use no other.......

And be sure to give each speaker in the dynaudio setups, theyer own amp....

Then BI amp each sub. 200-300 watts per VC.
Yeah dude. The Xtant amps make the JLs sound like listening to a Dixie cup. Don't get me wrong I like JL, especially their speakers, but the amps are easily outclassed. :cool:

H

·
0 Posts
Personal preferences (all relative):

Kenwood Excelon in-dash video/tuner/cd/dvd head unit

Kenwood Navigation System

Xtant X series Amps (2 mono and 1 quad)

2 Xtant or Audiobahn 10 in. subs (small, but plenty enough for a Supra)

6 1/2 in. JL, Boston, or Audiobahn component speakers for rear

5 1/4 in. JL, Boston, or Audiobahn component speakers for front

Kenwood center channel (only because other guys [Boston, JL, and Audiobahn] don't have a decent sized one available yet, unless you want to mount a speaker in the dash)

2 Kenwood Video Monitors in back of seats, or (if you don't have a targa top) 1 alpine drop down (may be a little tight though)

Can't give an exact price, but that is what I am slowly building, and it will be one heckuva system when done!!!!!
:D

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
97GSTspyder said:
Alpine Head Unit
Focal Utopia Highs/Mids
Xtant amps
JL W7 subs
pretty good and although i got an xtant if you want "show quality" go for a brax or mcintosh. cant go wrong with dynaudio stuff too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts