Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Is it stick? Is it turbo?
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And how good is it compared to the other brands?

I've tried a few on the market before, and one of the best ones I've used before is "Black Magic's Carnauba Wax" (the one's you find at wal-mart for like 4 bucks with the picture of a black NSX in the front). Honestly, its so tough to keep a black colored car clean, but it is priceless when it is cleaned spotless, that black color just shines.

G

·
Meguair's Professional Series Waxes are some of the best. I've researched the Black Magic and it really isn't that good of a wax, just like Turtle Wax isn't. You can't go wrong with Meguair's Gold Glass Series either. If I were you and you are on a limited budget, I would do the Meguair's, the depth and gloss are both there.

I personally use #80 and some new Pink Wax that is on the market. (Yes that is the name of it.) My car currently has the Klasse Twins on it with #80 over the top and Pink Wax as the final. I'll be doing some #80 and S100 in the coming week, I'll post up some pics.

Meguair's can't be beat for the money.

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've used Meguiars before too, but I used the "spray wax" along with the "detailer spray". Works really good, but doesn't last as long. I'm using "Mothers Original Carnauba Wax" now and I have to say that it isn't all that is cracked up to be.

G

·
Mother's is in the same boat as the Black Magic, really isn't that good of wax. The Pro Series is really the best stuff for the money and the length of gloss is simply amazing. NXT is picking up nicely with the Autopia crowd.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
I'm talking about the NXT Wax, it comes in a purple bottle and is about $15 bucks or so

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
I'm a Gold Class man myself :cool:

My black car looked like a mirror after a double application of the gold class~

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Meguair's products are pretty good but I find their wax doesn't really last that long.

Chnco, I havent tried the NXT wax but have you experienced how long the coat lasts? I'm curious what you think.

I personally have been using Zymol (easily found at Walmart) and it's an awesome wax. Easy to take off, lasts a long time, and even smells good :bigthumb:

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
s14roller said:
Meguair's products are pretty good but I find their wax doesn't really last that long.

Chnco, I havent tried the NXT wax but have you experienced how long the coat lasts? I'm curious what you think.

I personally have been using Zymol (easily found at Walmart) and it's an awesome wax. Easy to take off, lasts a long time, and even smells good :bigthumb:

Yeah, I've seen that Zymol stuff. Its like a light green/cyan color wax that goes for about $11 bucks right? Haven't tried it yet though

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
SupraMeng said:
Yeah, I've seen that Zymol stuff. Its like a light green/cyan color wax that goes for about $11 bucks right? Haven't tried it yet though
Yeah, it's in that light green colored bottle. Price is between $10-15. Works pretty well and if you do a search online, I think it's pretty highly ranked. I've used it for about a year and a half now and I haven't found a better wax yet.

·
Registered
831 Posts
chnco said:
I'm talking about the NXT Wax, it comes in a purple bottle and is about $15 bucks or so
Tried the NXT on my Black -Grey Mercedes this weekend for hah hahs. This stuff is bad-a$$! I don't know how long the finish will last ect, but for ease of use, scratch filling, and shine, only Eagle Nanowax comes close in my limited experience. Real close.... I used a soft terrycloth towell to remove and buff, worked out perfectly.
I'm happy. Think I'll pull it outside to check the shine before the sun goes down!:)

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,476 Posts
The key is in the prep, a so-so wax on a properly prepped surface will look better than a top level wax on a non-properly prepped surface.

For me personally, I use Meguiar's #80 Speed Glaze with a polishing pad applied via PC topped with either S100, or Pinnacle Souveran. I really like NXT on blacks, and Souveran is my favorite above all. PRICEY stuff though. Looks like there's a few Autopian's on here.. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with the Zymol guys. I've used the Walmart Zymol and the special Zymol called Japon. Both are great. I refuse to change. :)

·
966 Posts
Used to use Zaino, now I'm on Clearkote's Vanilla Moose/Carnauba Moose Wax. I may try VM topped with S100 to see if it pops more than CMW.

I agree with everyone else here that mentioned prep. Proper prep is the key to a great finish.

·
Lurking...
885 Posts
Meguiars Gold Class car wax. I LOVE it! It leaves an amazing shine! I used it all the time on my 91 black MR2, that had some paint issues. It made the car look brand new again/ or like it just had a new paint job. All the other waxes I tried (like Turtle Wax), all sunk into the paint, which took forever with a buffer for me to get out. So, Gold Class all the way.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts