Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
What specific NXT?

What specific NXT wax are you all referring to? Is it a "cleaner wax", or a spray wax or a paste wax? Can you get more specific? And is just a once and done, or is it a stepped process, like the Meguiars Cleaner, Polish, and Wax 3 step system?

It seems that the black MKIV are happy with it, so I might give it a try.

Thanks,

·
966 Posts
Suprafastmkiv said:
What specific NXT wax are you all referring to? Is it a "cleaner wax", or a spray wax or a paste wax? Can you get more specific? And is just a once and done, or is it a stepped process, like the Meguiars Cleaner, Polish, and Wax 3 step system?

It seems that the black MKIV are happy with it, so I might give it a try.

Thanks,

I believe people are referring to the NXT Tech Wax/Tech Wax Paste when they mention "NXT." This is a final step product unless you "top" NXT with something (I'm not sure if that's common since I'm not an NXT user).

There is also the NXT Spray Wax, which is more of a maintenance product than a final step.

Here is more info from Meg's site:
http://www.meguiars.com/newproducts05/nxt_home.cfm

Also, I highly recommend doing a search for whatever product you may be interested in on Autopia.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
NXT is the shit. I used it on my red, 126k mile supra, and it brought the paint to a level I didn't think possible. People kept asking me if I had it repainted or something, it shined that nicely!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Since last Friday, I've used thed the NXT for the first time on three cars..... though I'm nowhere near being an expert at this , THIS IS THE BEST WAX I'VE EVER USED PERIOD!
One thing I tried on a few areas was applying a thin coat of Eagle One Nanowax (I had never used it before and wanted to try it anyway) over the NXT, to try getting out some fine marks left from a previous wetsanding. THAT works even better as a final polish. Both these products go on and come off easily, and shine so well I feel guilty about it. Or maybe they'll wear off after a few washings, I mean this stuff is great to find after all my years of waxing.
I found it's better to only use a soft bathtowell, nothing fancy. Comes off easier and better that way. NO SWIRLS!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the nxt is some of the best stuff out there. :bigthumb:

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

I use Zaino on my daily. The new Z2, Z5 and now Z8 create the most amazing finish Ive ever seen. For a quickie, NXT is really good.

I have a closet full of stuff. For the garage queen I top off with Pinnacle Souveran. That is the best looking carnauba Ive seen, but it doesnt last worth a damn.

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
NXT Tech wax. Best shit Ive ever used. Goes on easy, comes off easy, and shines like an albino's ass on a nude beach.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
MDSuPeRStAr said:
The key is in the prep, a so-so wax on a properly prepped surface will look better than a top level wax on a non-properly prepped surface.

For me personally, I use Meguiar's #80 Speed Glaze with a polishing pad applied via PC topped with either S100, or Pinnacle Souveran. I really like NXT on blacks, and Souveran is my favorite above all. PRICEY stuff though. Looks like there's a few Autopian's on here.. :)
Souveran = Super $$$.$$

That is the most expensive wax that I know of on the market. Anyways I use the Meguiars Machine Glaze(Forgot the proper name) and the 3step since I have a lot left or top it off with the NXT/Goldclass. Majorty of the forum members here use Zanio and Kalass(SP) on there cars and that is what i'm going to try out next.

And yes I agree with MD on prepping your car right.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
I use NXT right now but the durability is getting on my nerves.
Going to switch over to Zaino.
Attracts less dust.
Lasts longer.
Better shine
Can be layered.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Zymol and i use to use zaino but its hard to find now and i have a bottle of NXT sitting ri5ght next to me but still have not used it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I use Griot's garage paste and liquid wax.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts