Zaino Topped w/ S100
Souveran
NXT is aight

Yet to try, but looks promising:

4 Star UPP
Blackfire
Menzerna FMJ
Poor Boy's Natty

I agree that a properly prepped finish will do more than any wax can ever do.

Every spring I do the same thing:

Wash
Clay
Light Compound (#83/#2 or 3M Fine Cut)
Polish (#9 or 3M SMR for Dark Paint)
Glaze/Light Polish (3M Finesse-It II Machine Polish or #3 Machine Polish)
Wax

A prepped car with ZERO wax will outshine an unprepped car that's been waxed. Even Zaino can't compete. Course.. if you don't wax it, the shine will last maybe a day at best lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
I used NXT Tech Wax Paste a couple months ago after a freind had great results with it.

I used the MR clean water filter to eliminate waterspots, clay bar'ed the entire car, and used the NXT Paste wax.

The results on my black car where nothing short of AMAZING!!!! The best my car had looked in a very long time.

I highly recommend this process if you have a black car. I think the wax really brings out that shine on the Black cars. The paint looked so deep and wet.

Could not have been happier with the results.

-pete

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Another Zymol user here! I first saw it at a local Target department store and figured why the heck not try it. Before that point I had been using Mother's California Gold wax. Thought that stuff was good, but it's nowhere as good as Zymol.

I once used Meguiars and I was not impressed at all.

Now days I give a once over with a Mother's Clay bar and their detailing spray (which is used as a lubricant for the bar and also sold seperately as a quick detailer). Then I procede to wax with Zymol. The finish is unbelievable! I'm convinced that Zymol is one of the very best available. You can see it puts back the natural oils into the paint finish, and you can feel it when you run your finger across the surface. It's hard to explain what it feels like, but it's really smooth, like a glossy clear shell of protectant has been applied over the paint. It's unlike anything I've seen.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
supr4st4r said:
but does it matter if it's carnauba or not?
should I go for a carnauba wax instead of NXT?
your call.

Each have their advantages and disadvantages.

Syn waxes get default points for not containing petroleum distillates tho.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive used S100 in the past and loved it, but it doesnt last very long.

If you want the gloss of S100 but want better durability, go pickup some Collinite #845.

Stuff is usually $17-20 bottle, but it lasts usually 3-5 months. Beads water like crazy too. I dont use anything but this stuff now.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts