Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the topic says..what made you get ur supra?

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
I got mine back in 98 from a Toyota dealership where the sales man thought it was a Celica. I ended up getting a $26,000 Supra for only $17k. It was a supra sweet deal.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
Drivetrain

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
the price was great at the right time. and it is extremely rare model[look at the sig.

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
The wing. Oh, I could claim more realistic reasons, but it's all about the wing. :D

'course, the driveline and kickass handling are pretty high on the list, too.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my turbo mechanic took me for a ride in a mild modded supra.
6 days later i owned one

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Saw my first black mkiv back in 93 when I was 10 years old and then I found MKIV.com when I was 16 then read up all on the things possible with the car then bought it when I turned 18 for a sweet deal.:)

·
Pump Gas Sucks
238 Posts
In order:

Quick w/ only $1K into it
Really quick with $6K+ in it
Body style and looks
Targa top
Rare (around here, just 1 more)
Back seat - seriously have put my kid(s) in the back, 1 at a time

The other cars I considered were:
Viper (no back seat)
NSX (not really that quick, even w/ supercharger) (no back seat)
911 (too much $ and not that quick) (no targa)

The MKIV is seriously a unique car....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Combination of looks, handling, power and potential. When I decided to sell my GTP I started looking for a relatively cheap car that could perform and look good. Soon after reading about it on the internet, I fell in love. :)

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
seriously had no idea what the car was.. my brother told me he saw a cool car for sale.

Went and test drove it and bought it that same day. Honestly had no idea what I wasgetting into at all. Damn my brother. I should have bought a mini van or something!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
the looks is what got my attention first, back in 99 when i first decided i wanted a supra... then i got on the mkiv mailing list and read a lot, learned about the potential of the cars, and thats what hooked me. finally bought my car a couple months ago :)

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
It's all about the potential of the phenomenal 2JZ-GTE motor, and the overbuilt nature of just about everything else. Unbeatable value for a highly customizeable/modifiable performance car that can excel at nearly anything. :)

Steve T. (owner since 1999)

·
Banned
336 Posts
I wanted one since the first time i saw one at a mobil gas station back in late 93. It was black, gold package.. gorgeous. I never thought i'd ever be able to get one since they were so expensive, but ive had my supra for close to 5 years now, single turbo'd with a widebody kit and 18x13's.. Things sure change!#@!#[email protected]

Steve Theodore said:
It's all about the potential of the phenomenal 2JZ-GTE motor, and the overbuilt nature of just about everything else. Unbeatable value for a highly customizeable/modifiable performance car that can excel at nearly anything. :)

Steve T. (owner since 1999)
Steve, i remember trying my best to talk you out of that purchase of the 300zx tt.. Then you finally saw the light and got the supra.. We were both admins when supraforums was first started for a long time. Its been a long climb to where we're at now. At least Infinite Loop is driving a 6speed toyota too now, unfortunately its a freakin matrix.

·
"Its got a handle"
234 Posts
paternity test was negative!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts