Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Minor Threat
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that there are molding trim sets that are much darker than the standard gray that I've seen. These darker sets don't have the striped .5" strip running along the bottom of the pieces. Here's a pic of Maeso's ride showing the very dark set that I'm talking about:

And here's a pic of an MKIII with pieces from both sets installed. I've pointed out the two different versions:

Can someone please tell me which models/years came with this very dark molding? I'm assuming it's the Turbo R and Turbo A Supras based on other pics I've seen. If you know any specifics on these pieces, please lemme know. Thanks guys...

BTW, if you can score me a complete set of dark molding in very good shape, drop me a line. :bigthumb:

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
from a 91 to 92 black on black supra, i think, my friend has a full trim from a black 91 thats like that, and i have his center piece

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
ok heres the break down

89+ got the newer trim (grey only unless it was a white package car)
91+ got body matching trim (color) plus the 90 and 89 white package cars.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
MKIIINA said:
ok heres the break down

89+ got the newer trim (grey only unless it was a white package car)
91+ got body matching trim (color) plus the 90 and 89 white package cars.
So, how do you explain my blue trim on my blue '89? And no, it's not the same color as the body, it's a much lighter tone.

·
Minor Threat
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody else with some definitive answers? Looks like the '91+ Black MKIIIs came with this according to some. Am I correct in my guess that the Turbo R and Turbo A models where also so equipped? If you have these dark gray moldings on your car, please enlighten me...

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
my 89 blue has a blue molding but lighter then the paint

G

·
89-90 blue has a lighter blue, friend of mine has that combo. Red and black 89-90 have a gray moulding, like my current red '89. '91-92 have body colored moulding (not just the black cars). My '91 blue metalic had ones similar to the one in the first pic, but in blue metallic like the body color.
And of course the '87-88 had the RUSToleum ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts