Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a 95 tt and here is a list of mods i have made that i want. let me know if i need to change things, add things, remove things? you probably know more than i do.

greddy profec b boost control
greddy profec wireless remote
greddy bcc
2 step turbo launch boost builder <--- really nice
boost gauge
greddy turbo timer
greddy type-s bov kit
stillen stainless steal downpipe
apexi n1 exhaust
hks super mega flow air intake
aem cam gears
greddy 3-piece pulley set
and drag radials, i dont even know where to begin with tires so i need suggestions on brands and prices.

any help at all will be greatly aprechiated (i cant spell). im also getting a custom sub box for 2 15" subs that i already have. if i take out the factory radio, would it be possible to fit an aftermarket cd player and the boost controller? the stock radio is huge and it looks like it should fit but i just wanted to ask you all first. also where do you think i should put the turbo timer? i can custom mount it in the dash the the left of the stearing wheel or i can put it in the glove compartment, i think. let me know what you have done. also, do you think i should get nos? i might or i might not. let me know what i should do. also, i was going to get everything that i can blue (nothing big, like cams, pullies, turbo timer, and profec) and have the custom box backlit in blue. ive seen that done and it looks sweet. let me know. thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The radio is known as a double-DIN size and is big enought to fit 2 standard size (I,J,E) head units, So if you get something that is a single-din, like say my fav the Pioneer DEH-P9300 then you can make or have made a plate that covers the rest, then you can cut out the right size holes and make some sort of support for a turbo-timer, the profec, anything you want. I have my turbo timer and boost controller there, then next to that I have my nitro arm switches, one for each remote valve on the bottles, my nitro safety switch and my bottle heater switches. all nitro switches have that red cover over them that you have to pull up to flip the switch. Looks really cool. About performance, where do you want your performance to be based, do you want a BPU(+++++) car or do you want a single turbo conversion. Depends on what kind of driving and what size budget you have. Let us know.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would stay away from the GReddy BOV, I've heard of lots of problems with it. I have the HKS SSBOV and like it allot but the Blitz SS is also very good. It mostly comes down to personal prefrence of sound. Otherwise, looks like you should have one nice Supra.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldnot go Underdrive pully, i did that on my 300zx, not much feeling but at the top end, unless you want to drag race,
and i ask couple senior member of sf.com, they all refuse to do that mod on MKIV.
so it's up to you!
Good luck!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im leaving in the stock turbos for quite a while. upgrading turbos gets why to expensive with the fuel injectors, rail and pump. not to mention the cost of the turbos themselves. ok, so the greddy bov isnt very good, so how about the apexi twin chamber one? i heard that you can adjust the volume of it which is really cool. also, what kind of tires do you recommend? let me know. thanks for the help already. oh ya, hey powersoundsupra, what do you know about upgrading underdriven pulleys, yes or no? also, i found this kit that has all kinds of hoses and what not for appearance in the engine bay, i will attach a pic and let me know if this is a good idea or not? it is only $130.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im leaving in the stock turbos for quite a while. upgrading turbos gets why to expensive with the fuel injectors, rail and pump. not to mention the cost of the turbos themselves. ok, so the greddy bov isnt very good, so how about the apexi twin chamber one? i heard that you can adjust the volume of it which is really cool. also, what kind of tires do you recommend? let me know. thanks for the help already. oh ya, hey powersoundsupra, what do you know about upgrading pulleys, is it ok to upgrade pulleys but not get underdriven ones because i didnt think that the greddy ones were underdriven. also, i found this kit that has all kinds of hoses and what not for appearance in the engine bay, i will attach a pic and let me know if this is a good idea or not? it is only $130.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhhhh, I know what that is.....

That is the Hose Techniques Kit, it is a very good idea to get the hoses redone, they are high quality hoses and I use them. Very happy with the color and the quality, looks really cool under my hood. The pulleys are NOT a good idea, you can find pulleys that aren't underdriven that look better than stock, but don't get underdriven ones, the HP gains are so minimal compared to loss of some of your A/C, alternator, etc. energy that it is like purposely doing something detrimental to your car. I have the Greddy Pulley kit, very nice anodized blue color, and same size as stock. I do beleive that the hose techniques kit can be bought at www.mvpmotorsports.com for around 140, mabe 170, I don't remeber. I didn't get mine as a kit, I went through my engine bay and wrote down all the lengths and sizes I needed for ALL the hoses and went and bought it that way. In the end, I got more then the kit gives you but most of the extra is hidden away, so it was only done to please those show judges who notice these little details. Its up to you. Contact me and I can help you further with customizing your car.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i want a supra said:
ok, so the greddy bov isnt very good, so how about the apexi twin chamber one? i heard that you can adjust the volume of it which is really cool. also, what kind of tires do you recommend?
When I was getting a BOV, Dusty (from MVP if you don't know) told me to stick to the HKS and Blitz--that both the GReddy and Apex-i aren't that good. I tend to trust his opinion. For tires, I like Nitto 555R's but it completely depends on what you want to do with the car. For hardcore dragracers, Nitto DR's are a good choice but roadracers want something entirely diffrent. It just too broad of a question, decided what you want your Supra to do before you decide on a tire.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's what I'd do in order:
1)downpipe and BCC
2)K&N cone filter(dont get the mushroom)
3)Apex N1
4)EBC(most work well, I have an AVCR and love it)
5)Apex FMIC(great for stock twins)
6)AFC
7)cam gears when you need a timing belt

As for a BOV I'd get the HKS SSBOV. I like mine alot and the car runs great even without a VPC. If you are on a budget buy some of the stuff used(DP,exhaust). I dont really like to buy electronics used because sometimes you dont get all the right harnesses and stuff.

For tires I'd find an extra set of stock rims with 275/40/17 BFG drag radials. Nitto 555R's are pretty sticky as street tires but nothing compared to the BFG's at the track. I also wouldnt run them on the street all the time(a friend wrecked in the rain due to those tires). For street rear tires go with the BFG gForce KD. They are pretty much the best tire out right now. I use the cheapest tires I can on the front usually but if you have $$$ get AVS Sports.

For the stereo, if you need big bass get someone to build you a nice box. I just put my top in the back seat but I'll be getting a cage soon so I'll have to get a new box built. If your stock mids and highs are in good shape just get a nice head unit and a nice amp and push the stock speakers. They sound fine when they are crossed over and have real power on them.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts