Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,


Been searching and can't find anything on this that really specifies what mods equal BPU+++. If anyone could help, What mods does BPU+++ include.

Thanks.
 

·
(overspooled)
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
pretty easy really, it has been covered but i will spare you the search lecture

Boost controller
Down Pipe
Exhaust
Intake or (k&N filter)
NGK3330's or 6097 gapped at 28-30

Plus's include but are not limited to:

Front mount
cam gears
fuel controller
etc...

I think that's about it.
Read mkiv.com tech articles....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'm going to throw out a guess...

BPU is:
Downpipe
Exhaust
Intake
Boost Controller
Fuel Cut Control

BPU+ is all BPU mods AND:
Adjustable Cam Gears
Front Mount Intercooler

BPU++ is all BPU and BPU+ mods AND:
Fuel controller
and/or NOS

This leads me to believe BPU+++ would be all the above (with or without NOS) AND something else such as cams, pistons, rods, injectors, or even a non engine mod such as clutch or flywheel. Since BPU+++ isn't actually outlined on MKIV.com I'm guessing it’s up to a little bit of interpretation so anyone who has slightly more mods than BPU++, but hasn't gone single could probably call themselves BPU+++.

This is coming from someone who doesn't currently and has never owned a Supra so my opinion is probably next to worthless, but there it is anyway. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,671 Posts
BPU=Downpipe,Cat-Back,BCC,Boost Controller
BPU+=CAI
BPU++CAI,Cam Gears
BPU+++CAI,Cam Gears,Fuel Control
BPU++++CAI,Cam Gears,Fuel Control,Front Mount
BPU+++++CAI,Cam Gears,Fuel Control,Front Mount,Cams
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,326 Posts
It seems like the power/$$ ratio drops off signifcantly after BPU. If not true which + mods have a great bang for the buck. If somewhat true, what bath for most hp/$? thanks

Im at BPU plus AFC II. the afc II got me about 20-25hp
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
Don't worry about the +s, people pretty much just add those on for show. BPU = stock twins w/ some upgrades, APU = aftermarket turbo(s). I don't know why it matters, though. Why do we need to know how many +'s we deserve?

Honestly, if someone at a stop light asks you what you've got done to it, are you gonna be like, "I just reached BPU plus plus plus plus plus last weekend!." It's a car, not an RPG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the input. I was just curious becuase I want to run the stock twins with as much hp as i can get out of them without nitrous and don't want to go apu.
 

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
Joined
·
501 Posts
Troux said:
Honestly, if someone at a stop light asks you what you've got done to it, are you gonna be like, "I just reached BPU plus plus plus plus plus last weekend!." It's a car, not an RPG.

lol rotfl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,671 Posts
Troux said:
^Don't we all! It takes a lot of money to get past 450 at the wheels, though.
false....I dont think people realize how many hurting stock twin cars there are out there. IF the car is in top shape, there is no reason that 450RWHP+ can be made on BPU/Tune.

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,623 Posts
HotSoup said:
false....I dont think people realize how many hurting stock twin cars there are out there. IF the car is in top shape, there is no reason that 450RWHP+ can be made on BPU/Tune.

Jason
:iwdumbass Agreed. Properly tuned and running TT's can make 450whp pretty easy. Now if you are aiming for 475-500 then you will be spending a ton of money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
HotSoup said:
BPU=Downpipe,Cat-Back,BCC,Boost Controller
BPU+=CAI
BPU++CAI,Cam Gears
BPU+++CAI,Cam Gears,Fuel Control
BPU++++CAI,Cam Gears,Fuel Control,Front Mount
BPU+++++CAI,Cam Gears,Fuel Control,Front Mount,Cams
Is this the most logical order for the mods to be done? I would put fuel control and FMIC before cam gears and cams but I'm not 100% sure on that. What's the best order and why?

Ash
'93 SUPRA TT BPU
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
Yeah, 450 WHP can be done with all the common stuff and good tuning, but PAST that (i.e. another 50 WHP) is where you start to get a little more creative and less frugal. That's where you start to need lightweight pulleys and flywheel, cams, head work, TC butterfly removal, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,541 Posts
SupraStar2000 said:
Is this the most logical order for the mods to be done? I would put fuel control and FMIC before cam gears and cams but I'm not 100% sure on that. What's the best order and why?

Ash
'93 SUPRA TT BPU

It is the most logical order in terms of bang for the buck. The further down you go on that list, the more money you have to spend in order to gain fewer hp.
 

·
no more supras
Joined
·
2,175 Posts
Troux said:
Don't worry about the +s, people pretty much just add those on for show. BPU = stock twins w/ some upgrades, APU = aftermarket turbo(s). I don't know why it matters, though. Why do we need to know how many +'s we deserve?

Honestly, if someone at a stop light asks you what you've got done to it, are you gonna be like, "I just reached BPU plus plus plus plus plus last weekend!." It's a car, not an RPG.

LMFAO @ work!! +1!!!! :bigthumb:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top