Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what octane are u guyz using... and any suggestions on 110 leaded??? just tryin to run at the tracks for fun.. any input??? i have used 104 unleaded but i wanted to try 110 leaded.. would it do any damage and would it hurt with a lil bit unleaded in the tank with 5 gallons of leaded..

·
Registered
123 Posts
ronl98 said:
what octane are u guyz using... and any suggestions on 110 leaded??? just tryin to run at the tracks for fun.. any input??? i have used 104 unleaded but i wanted to try 110 leaded.. would it do any damage and would it hurt with a lil bit unleaded in the tank with 5 gallons of leaded..
I MADE 558.6 ON 104...NO CAMS OR NOS....THE GAIN WITH THE MIX IN MY OPINION WOULD BE INSIGNIFICANT....IF I AM WRONG THEN I AM...OH WELL

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i wouldn't risk running leaded gas, but that's just me. it will screw up your o2 sensor.

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
I've ran leaded fuel in my car for many years now with no problem. But if you have a wideband sensor intalled then I suggest you remove the sensor before starting up the car with leaded fuel in it.

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any body have bad exprience bout running lead..... and i have no cats jus straight pipe. jus wondering if its gonna harm my engine and which octane should i use???

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
why would it hurt your engine?
The only thing it should hurt is cats and maybe o2 sensors after a while. But when it comes down to it, what would you rather replace?
A $50 sensor due to leaded fuels every few years or a new engine due to detonation?
With that being said I run race fuel in my car all the time with 0 problems. Matter of fact I have a 1/4 tank of C16 in it right now to play this weekend

Honestly though it depends on your set up , If you are still on stock twins, it is likely you really dont need it. You wont be pushing enuff power or boost to get it to detonate anyway unless you cant tune for shite.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Besides burning out the o2, I love pumping the high octane. I've notice that it makes my car idle soooo much smoother, not that it doesn't already. Good stuff :gapteeth:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts