Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wanted to inquire on the options for upgrading our brakes. I have a 91Turbo and would like a little better stopping power. I currently have the stock rotors & pads.

I contacted Baer & Wilwood but they said there were no options for my car?

So with that said, do we have to rely on the nigh pager option?

Also, this is my BIG question, when adding bigger brakes, do you HAVE go with bigger wheels?? ......can anyone explain this, in layman terms......

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Well there is a set from brembo. Rotora has a set too i believe. Both damn expensive. You just have to make sure the caliper and rotor fit inside your wheel. And i personally don't see rotora's/brembo's fitting inside a stock 16 ;)

·
greasemonkey
3,125 Posts
www.hotrodheaven.com

they were listed for 86-92celica last i looked(typo, it is for the mkiii, also have them for the mkii) they have a 4 piston setup and a 6 piston setup. they are wilwood componets. its the jim king bbk that was done as a group buy awhile back. this company now stocks the parts and sells them as a complete kit.
william

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
well i have the mk4 front rotors and caliper set up..bought the car like this with the 17 tt mk4 wheels

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
What work does it require to put the MKIV front setup onto our cars? What about the rears?

I'm gonna go searching now, but if anyone wants to chime in, I'll be glad to read it in this thread as well. :p

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
What work does it require to put the MKIV front setup onto our cars? What about the rears?

I'm gonna go searching now, but if anyone wants to chime in, I'll be glad to read it in this thread as well. :p
I was thinkin the same thing earlier today...

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
to be honest..i can try to post pics...i know that wont help...i bought the car built..and it came with the mk4 front rotors and calipers on the front...quickstrike from the forums came by and saw it also..he was shocked himself

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Jeff Lange said:

fronts- there are really 2 ways to do it:
the right way- build adaptors for the calipers
the wrong way- swap over the whole MKIV spindle. this jacks up your caster something serious. sure it will look pretty and it might stop better, but the car will never handle the same.

rears- virtually a bolt up affair. contact deanmarcum for a super awesome set of hardware that make this a bolt up affair.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Dr J, to update your list of new available options:

935 Wilwood Precision BBK:
2-peice Coleman13.0 X 1.25" front rotors, Wilwood 4 fixed calipers. Stainless front lines and Porterfield pads, Rotor hats and caliper adaptor bracket, hardware included -

935 Nissan Caliper Adapter:
For use with - MKIV tt front rotors (1-peice 12.7X1.2"), 4 piston fixed Nissan 300Zx calipers, build your own kit

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Getting adapters made doesn't sound too difficult.

Know how I can get in contact with Dean Marcum? I don't remember his exact forum name.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Please search first.
There are a few setups.
You can use MK4 rotors and have a marginal increase in your brake setup.
You can use 300zx stuff and get more of the same.

Or you can get a true upgrade, but it's going to take 18" wheels, and 14" rotors with larger fixed calipers. (Pick what you want, Brembo, Alcon, Wilwood etc.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts