Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far on my 1JZ this is what i got:

SARD Aftermarket Tuned ECU
Titan Motorsports Adjustable Cam gears, cams degreed in.
HKS Fuel Cut Remover
GReddy Speed Cut Remover
TurboXS RFL Blow-Off Valve
RMM 3in Downpipe
Home-made MBC
Injen intake custom made for 1JZGTE
B&M bar and plate transmission cooler
Autometer Boost and Water temp Gauges with custom A-Pillar mount
MKIV Supra TT radiator
Custom upper radiator hardpipe
3800CFM 2-spd elec fan
MKIV Supra 2JZGTE water pump
Toyota Supra 255LPH fuel pump
NGK 6097 Spark Plugs
K&N Filter

Becides FMIC, what else is there to do? I don't want to invest in a Y pipe cause i will be going single soon.

I guess i'm just curious what else is there to do becides bigger turbo, cams, stand alone ECU, fuel system?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
The Greddy BCC is better than the HKS FCD. A EBC would maintain constant boost and be more responsive. I heard that with the SARD ecu, it allows the ecu map to be out of a closed loop so tuning with the SARD and making fuel corrections is easier. Even without an upgraded ecu for better timing maps, a S-AFC or a better choice would be the Greddy E-manage, and either one would do a better job of managing fuel. Tuning makes a big difference, especially should with an e-manage, cause you can adjust the timing which will suit you better with a bigger turbo that your planning to do later any ways. Hope my suggestions help.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Nos is stupid. It's for domestic cheaters and cheap fast way to go fast. Dont use it unless you have the setup, and i doubt he does.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm assuming your going to drag race since you run an auto. What about diff? Does the soarer come with a clutch type?

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
those were just motor mods, i already have plans for the rest of the car and alot already done to it. Mods by this summer also include a TH700r4 with 4k stall to replace the POS toyota tranny that costs $$$$$$$$$$$ to upgrade. Ecu managment will be handled by a Power FC. So far the rest of the car has this:

Daizen Urathane bushings all over
Koni Yellow adjustable shocks for MKIV Supra
Intrax Lowering springs for MKIV Supra
SSR Varden Sport Schwartz 3pc Forged 18in Rims imported from Japan
Silverstar Low beam headlights
Fog light mod with amber bulbs
Modified 1992 tail lights
M3 style rear lip spoiler
OEM Soarer rear badge
Ceramic coated turbo housings and y-pipe
Alot of PowderCoating

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plans as soon as i sell my motorcycle:

GT4088, 720cc injectors, adjustable FPR, Crower cams and matching valve train, maybe port the head, chinese equal lenght manifold. And if i blow it up, i got two 2JZ short blocks 10ft from me :)

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Cams

At vegas, a 1J with stock twins and stock Y pipe made nice power on a set of HKS cams.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
VJ RC51, you did request for mods on specifically stock twins. You did not ask for parts that would give you "show" quality. I would have listed otherwise. But it looks like you already know what you want.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Lots of boost with bigger injectors (17-20 psi!)

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have not run the car at the track since it was bone stock. Bone stock in my sc300, with open LSD.. i ran 14.4 @ 100mph with a 2.5 60ft and 265rwhp on the dyno. I have not been back since. I want to do all the mods i can on the stock twins to see how fast i can get em on 15-16psi.

Currently on stock boost the car feels easily mid 13's with drag radials. I raced another 1jz sc300 that runs mid 13s on 1 bar, and me running 10psi, i pulled him two lenghts on the highway with these mods(but stock ecu, not SARD) racing twice. Also beating 105mph turbo2 rx7's the same (stock ecu). With the new ECU its ALOT more powerful.

I don't care for show quality this moment, i just want speed. I can work on the shiney stuff later. An FMIC won't really help me except for heat soak, id rather invest that $$ into cams and just let the car cool down at the dyno/track a few extra mins. I guess my next mod be 15x10 weld racing rims with 275 drag radials?

PS, the speed cut and fuel cut are useless and being removed, the sard already has that mod in the ecu itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts