Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full fuel and everything. Should be around 650 to the wheels for awhile. What plugs would everyone reccomend? I am a fan of the cheap plugs!!!!

·
Banned
378 Posts
Cheapest/best plug is NGK3330, they are $1/each and you just change them every 1000-2000 miles, and you'll be alright. Gap them to .28" or something, to make sure pressure doesnt blow out the spark at top boost....

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
6097 and 3330 are almost the same plug except 3330 uses projected insulator which is commonly use by NA cars, suppose it's not good for turbo cars cause it has higher chance to blow out. Also 6097 uses v-groove center as 3330 uses standard electrode.

I've tried both and both holds 28psi with no problem when gapped at .28. Tried it out can't go wrong with either if you want cheap plugs. Denso IK24 would be the best though.

John

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my 6097s are at stock gap right now....i guess i better gap them before my fuel system and aem goes on tomorrow.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was saying that anybody that's been racing, and tuning a car knows that changing out plugs that cost $15 a peice can get old when you go through a set or two a weekend...or maybe I'm just poor???

·
11,217 Posts
InTheRed said:
I was saying that anybody that's been racing, and tuning a car knows that changing out plugs that cost $15 a peice can get old when you go through a set or two a weekend...or maybe I'm just poor???
That's the point of them being so expensive, sir. They clean themselves out when you go wot. They don't easily foul out like the shitty $1 plugs you been buying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts