Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Wald d23

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been in the market for new rims for quite some time after bending my gt-c's on infamous NYC potholes. I have narrowed the choices down to these wheels, the only problem is I like all of them equally. I was hoping insight from the boards can sway my opinion. I wanted to be different so most of these are VIP sedan type wheels although none are overly heavy. I didn't want to be another HRE, CCW, Volk copycat.
Here we have the Junction Produce Scara with a color matched face in 18"

Junction Produce Scara with a polished face

Fabulous Profound 18"

Fabulous Profound with a color matched face

BBS LM 18"

AME Shallen 19"

Also comes in a black face but I didn't chop this one;
Or polished;

Carlsson Ultra Light from Mercedes CLS program

Wald 18"

Shown on an LS400 with less agressive lip.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
The two black wheels and the BBS are the only two that I think fit the MKIV Supra well, the others are better suited for big sedans IMO.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
The last 3 had to be the uggliest possable wheel you could get. My vote goes to #1.

·
Ninja Engineer!
336 Posts
Junction Produce Scara with a color matched face in 18"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

but still - copycat or no copycat, this is, hands-down, the most beautyfull rim you can buy for money in my opinion!!
http://store1.yimg.com/I/nonturbo_1839_47693645

·
Ninja Engineer!
336 Posts

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
yikes - u have some scary taste in wheels. The first ones or the BBS.

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the reply my "scary" taste just looks quite strange because it's so different. I'd like my LS400 and Supra to match in the old VIP style of tuning you typically see on widebody LS400's and Sclass sedans from the 80's to the early 90's. Does anyone else have suggestions for some nice color matched wheels with more of a cutout design in leiu of spokes? I don't want my car to be ugly, and at the same time I cannot stand for it to be like anyone elses. When I had my black GT-N's (I was probably the second person here with them) within weeks there were almost a dozen identical looking cars.

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brown Duckz said:
Your driving a Supra, not a Lexus - look into Volks, HRE, CCW, etc.
I do have a Lexus LS400, I intend to have my cars match. My LS is stock bodied for now but this is the overall effect I'd like to have.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts