Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Pauter Rods all the way!! "I beam" design of these rods has taken my 30 PSI of boost for 3 years now.

Khris

·
Moderator/Troll Slayer
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drjonez said:
see thats what i love about DR J.... he thinks the same way i do..... i love using a stock block to its limits.... but unfort. i blew mine up.... time to go nuts..... I just ordered my cunningham rods...... custom fabricated....... details to come but if i told ya....then everyone would know about my rebuild. Anyone use these rods?

Edit: Just re-read the post...... hey Ron glad to hear you use these rods.... what are your opinions/suggestions on them....thanks bud.

·
Moderator/Troll Slayer
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aljordan said:
Shot peened stock rods have done 813 to the wheels. Stock rods are good for whatever you can throw at them.
I disagee..... but thats ok! I felt the same way at one point. Stocks arnt gonna be suitable for my rebuild i dont thnk.... plus i kinda wanna play it safe. Who threw down 813 on stock rods? Thanks bud!

Trey

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
Crower. The best out there

·
Registered
368 Posts
So Trey, What you're trying to do is lower your compression ratio, or speed up your acceleration, am I right. That's all I can really see using shorter rods would be beneficial for, as, it is going to shorten your stroke, if I am correct. If I'm wrong, someone let me know, but it sounds like Trey is trying to streamline his engine for a drag racing application. I'm very interested in hearing what this project yields Trey. And as long as I'm replying, I like crower.

Deep_Blue

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
SupraTrey said:

Edit: Just re-read the post...... hey Ron glad to hear you use these rods.... what are your opinions/suggestions on them....thanks bud.
They are very stout rods. I have the rifle drill option (drilled along the beam for pressurized piston pin oiling) which was like 30 more for each rod, IIRC. Make sure you specify your cylinder bore size, so the rods' big ends' will slide thru the cylinder :)

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,171 Posts
drjonez said:
remember that its not HP that kills a rod....its piston speed (i.e. revs).
:stupid:

stock rod will work fine, aftermarket is just as strong if not stronger but less weight being slung around on the rotating assembly. It'll hold up better, but stock rods will do the job just fine..

Here is the best book I have ever read about engines. Its for mopars, but it applies to all engines. It gets into all kinds of great stuff. Then again, I'm partial to mopars.

http://www.musclemotorsracing.com/muscle/book.htm

·
Moderator/Troll Slayer
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the shorter rods are going to fit my application becuase im stroking the motor even more..... it will be about a 3.23liter when i done. Compression ratio will be right around 8. There is more details but im kinda keeping it on the DL till i get done.... gotta leave something up for suprise right..... :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts