Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my supra a few days ago and there is a light blinking on the dashboard, what does that mean? Im guessing its stock? i didnt get anything with the key, just 2 keys no keychains no nothing.

Also there is a thing that looks like a bulb by the windshield kinda like where the VIN number usually is by the windshield in that area and i have no idea what that is, dont know if thats stock or was put in?

Im just trying to see what security do stock MKIVs have if any

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
They do come with the factory alarm. You don't have keyless or anything, just keys but the car does come with a alarm. I honestly never thought about it until I tried to jump the car one time and the alarm went off :)

btw- having the alarm helps for peace of mind but I hope you dont just think the alarm will keep the car from getting stolen. Most cars that get stolen probably just have the alarm on and the doors locked...IMO physical locks is the way to go.

·
Registered
624 Posts
The blinking red light means the factory alarm is activated. Will set off alarm if hood is opened also.
The other little bulb thing I think you are talking about is some kind of temp sensor for the auto climate control.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geddy Lee said:
The blinking red light means the factory alarm is activated. Will set off alarm if hood is opened also.
The other little bulb thing I think you are talking about is some kind of temp sensor for the auto climate control.
yes yes the climate sensor , that makes sense now...

so how can i get my alarm on my car to go off? so ill know what it sounds like... and then how do i turn it off if i only just have a key? or can i even get a remote for my stock alarm system? i know NOTHING about my stock alarm but id like to learn more about it to know how much im protected at this point, until i get a new alarm with the actual remote haha.. thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
For the factory alarm to activate, once it is armed you need to open the doors or hood without using the keys. For example, arm the system with the window down, and then reach in, unlock and open the door, see what happens.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I actually tried it out last night off the highway while my friends were racing, the horn honks, lights flash, and it kills your engine....i was inside the car when I tried it and it wouldnt start with the key in the ingnition or anything...I had to unlock it using the doors, then she ran fine....I was freaking out for a few mins because everyone left and i couldnt leave because it wouldnt start. lol Then i gave the lock a shot, and she purred to life.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im gonna go do this now haha... lock the doors roll the window down and try to steal my car.. brb

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahahah! i was like wooaahhh shut up!! its like 9:30pm here neighbors were prob all wth!!

but im glad it works.

So whats a good upgrade with the stock one? because i love that it flashes the lights and honks the horn, i dont want the actual siren alarms, i always wanted just the horn and lights, but what can i buy that will work with a remote and have remote doors and remote start and but still using the stock headlight flash and horn.. any adivce?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
i didnt even realize my car had an alarm until i set it off at a car show...yeah..embarassing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts