Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
gritsak said:
if i remember right, retard the exhaust side 3 MARKS, and if you have the intake i think you advance it one mark, but im not sure about that one becuase i only have the exhaust gear
It is retard exhaust 3 degrees and advance intake 1 degree not marks. Some cam gears like the HKS mark every 2 degrees, so you would end up out of whack if you move 3 marks.

These setting are what have been found to be most effective on BPU cars, obviously every car with different mod combinations will vary, so dyno tuning would help.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Hmm....

Very interesting. I hate to be misinforming people. My HKS cam gear reads each mark is 2 degrees (only have exhaust). So what you're saying is that it is indeed supposed to be minus 3 marks, or 6 cam degrees, and by your settings it would be minus 4.5 marks.

If I am understanding you correctly then a whole lot of us socal guys are going to have to have a cam gear adjusting party. :dunce:

Please clear this up for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.