Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will guys my friend with the modify 97 prelude has been calling me out to race him. We finally did it but he jumped to soon and we ended the race due to one of his lines breaking. Anyways, I was confident that I would beat him with my 95 SE 5-speed but after I saw how fast he was able to pull on me, I am a little worry. What should I do? Can't give him the honor of beating a SUPRA. Please help me to protect the Supra's honor.

·
Registered
946 Posts
What mods and tires does the prelude have and what mods you have?

A stock NA supra should win a prelude with intake,exhaust,headers and clutch as I raced 2 of them once and my 94 supra beated them both completly stock.

If i was you get some better tires and clutch or just get some NOs and you should win :lol:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
why risk the race... N/A shouldent race... buy a tt THEN race.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
1. Go Turbo
2. Do some N/A mods to get an extra 20-25whp
3. Get Nitrous.
4. Sell the car.

Very simple process.

Regards,
Kevin

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
:gotnx: or turbo dont let a lil honda take ur pride man do either or the two or you wont be able to murder him good luck

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
How is your clutch doing, is it slipping at higher RPM's.
Adding NOs or anything is not going to help that much if your clutch is going, If it has a lot of miles or your unsure of the condition then I would change it and get a stronger pressure plate. Tune maybe...

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys, these are my mods:

- New complete ACT clutch
- Custom made exhust like "greddy power extreme"
- Magnicore wires/ bosh 4 plugs
- Injen intake

The preludes mods:

- complete exhuast
- skunk 2 headers
- egr delete
- intake
- msd sci + blaster
- new clutch
- no cats

Man, he's going to kick my ass and brag about like hell. The preludes are faster then I thought. What do you guys think about the mods and how do they compare? I have a 2zjgte but still building it. I also have a huge ITS turbo but I need a na-t manifold.

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
946 Posts
As I know some honda guys they will say your turbocharge i'm NA why don't we go NA vs NA bla bla bla.

Take out your spare tire and some other item you don't need like if you have a bass box,ect.

And get the A'pexi AFC2,Twin electric fan and pully kit, and you should beat him.

If you need any part contact RossoCorsaItaly (kevin) as he can get you the parts you need.

OWWW and if you race try to get som Video too :lol:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
SealSupra-6 said:
Sorry guys, these are my mods:

- New complete ACT clutch
- Custom made exhust like "greddy power extreme"
- Magnicore wires/ bosh 4 plugs
- Injen intake

The preludes mods:

- complete exhuast
- skunk 2 headers
- egr delete
- intake
- msd sci + blaster
- new clutch
- no cats

Man, he's going to kick my ass and brag about like hell. The preludes are faster then I thought. What do you guys think about the mods and how do they compare? I have a 2zjgte but still building it. I also have a huge ITS turbo but I need a na-t manifold.

Thanks,
George
George,

Comparing the mod lists you should be able to beat him. I'm not trying to be rude but are you a decent driver? Is your car running right? Preludes are typically very slow. I raced a 99 Prelude with Intake, Headers, Exhaust, Cam Gears, Camshafts, and a V-AFC. I still beat him by 1/2 a car length with just a K&N. Are you sure that's all the Prelude owner has? No secret modifications you aren't sure about?

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
946 Posts
What type of honda guy will tell you the truth like they have done head work or something like that? Or did a frankenstein swap?

Kevin he might know what he saw maybe the best way to be shore to beat him if you Kevin sell him some racing part. :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it preludes are too slow.. i beat one brand new 2001 intake exhaust i beat him with my 4 dr 91 legend thats not even the 230 hp 6spd i have now it was the 4 door with laundry in da back from launch he had me a lil but i caught up real quick 4 dr legend... supra should kick his ass easy

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Who cares, let him bragg...for now. Then you can come back with your Turbo'd "NA" and smoke him and his friends. I would actually race him. Who knows, you might win. And if you don't, I bet you'll go turbo alot sooner than what you have planned.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah my car is running fine and pulls strong. My tires start to spin a little at 1500 off the line. As of the mods those are the mods I know he did for sure. He might have some secrete mods I don't know about because he was gone in a second. As of my driving skills. I am a newbie at this and cant drive for shit. Never had a sports car, always had a SUV. The supra is my first sports car and even then I only drive it once a month due to school.

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
SealSupra-6 said:
Yeah my car is running fine and pulls strong. My tires start to spin a little at 1500 off the line. As of the mods those are the mods I know he did for sure. He might have some secrete mods I don't know about because he was gone in a second. As of my driving skills. I am a newbie at this and cant drive for shit. Never had a sports car, always had a SUV. The supra is my first sports car and even then I only drive it once a month due to school.

Thanks,
George
George,

Driving could be the factor. Just practice your driving, it's the best mod you can do.

Good luck,
Kevin

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
ToMuchBoost said:
Toomuchboost :lol: I tried to add that name but it does not alow me too.

Kevin is owner of one of the best place to get NA performance for the NA supra. :D :cool:

http://store.yahoo.com/nonturbo/index.html
Thanks for the kind words.

As far as me I own one of the biggest shops for the N/A Supra around. If you want to beat him we can work something out.

If you really want to beat your friends Prelude I suggest buying this.

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=270329

1 - 20 of 24 Posts