Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I have finally found a supra. Its an 87 Turbo Targa, 126,000 miles with supposedly (150 miles away) perfect body and interior Grey/Grey leather, it also has the super monitor which I am quite excited about. He is asking 4300, which is more than id like to pay. KBB lists it as 3000, but if it is in as pristine condition as he says it is I would hate to pass it up. What I want to know is what do you guys think its worth? And other than bringing along a NAPA block tester, is there anything you would recomend I look for?
Hopefully I will be rejoining the community of supra owners soon!
Keith

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid 5g for an 88 with 80k miles, and I over paid... and my car is pretty damn clean. I'd start haggling or keep on looking.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
wow $4300 that thing better at least be rebuilt with a new headgasket and some ARP's.

There are better cars you can get for that range
example

PS
Is this the car your talking about? if so I wouldn't give that guy over 2.5k for it, all original means stock headgasket and he talks about full boost in 5th gear ... I picture this thing being a big headache for the next owner.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, yeah i would certainly not pay 4300 for that car, i was just wondering what you think a reasonable offer. I was thinking it starts to seem more possible around 3500. Also Ive been on autotrader daily for months and months now, and have test driven 3 or 4 different supras, all shit. But there simply is not anything available in my area. The only ones available are the same ones that have been there for ages at astronimical prices, this is probably the cleanest example ive found that wasnt way out of my price range.
Ive been itching to buy a supra for sometime somewhere around 6 months now and im getting anxious.
If anyone in washington or oregon state have a 5-Speed Turbo for sale let me know..
Keith

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
5k for a 91 turbo w/ 73k miles...3700 would be my ceiling

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I would offer no more then 3200... u can find a better deal then that.. have to be patient my friend.. took me a year before i spoted mine (though not exactly perfect.. 91 w/ 75k for 1k rod through block)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts