Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order a silicon hose coupler today to go between my 3000 pipe and the throttle body, but I am away from my car. Can anyone tell me what size I need?

Any recommendation on which coupler to use--straight or hump?

Turbohoses.com has a nice selection of hoses and clamps.

Thanks!

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
Yeah..............HomeDepot plumbing section, get a 2" rubber coupler, it'll do nicely for $5 it's a best deal in town:D

ART

PS: It will fit for sure, "Yeah I got it on my car"

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
oh god, that stupid POS coupler, ive gone through so many. dont waste even 5 dollars on the home depot (or toyota for that matter), its crap, its like 1mm thikc, and too long (throws your ic piping off), i blew it 2 times, and i blew the stocker up bigtime... the home depot one also flexes like crap and doesnt fit right... you need 2.5 inch inner diameter i beleive. go get a nice silicone coupler, you wont regret it...

Cheap repairs will only cause more problems.

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
Well I did cut it in half and spend 10 minuts trying to put it on:D

But it looks very tight, good solution as a temporary replacement for the car that I am not going to keep:smile:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,149 Posts
Don't be cheap... Thats one of the things i tell most people that replace that just go buy a 2.75" reenforced silicon connector. And you'll NEVER have a problem again.. 24 psi ... No problem.. 27 PSI no probelm..

On them cheap ones you'll blow it soon after 12.

W

·
0 Posts
humm... when mine broke i thought its kinda offset.. you know what i mean?.. like the 3k pipe and the TB dont line up perfectly? so how would a reg coupler work?... i just got my defcon pipes when it broke so i never messed with it

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Yeah, a straight coupler will be fine. Seems like these dang things are often too hard to source. Many shops don't stock it well and the manufacturers seem to often take many weeks to push em out. I waited so long for some from Thermal Flex that I had to send all the guys to turbopiping.com to scramble, so now I have a basket full of silicon. hah.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up ordering through Hose Techniques. $31 shipped for a 2.75" I.D. blue silicon hose (3" long) and two stainless steel t-bolt clamps. Expensive, but I don't have time to check every auto parts store in town for those parts.

Thanks for the measurements, I really appreciate it. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts