Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it make any difference what size downpipe you have 3" vs a 4" downpipe? Is there any performance difference?
:bthumb:

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone out there to help us? As I am planning to make a custom downpipe from the turbo manifold.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am not aware of a 4" downpipe for the stock turbos, but I know of 3 1/2" ones. The 3 1/2" dp has clearance issues under the car. It hangs pretty low. I can't imagine what a 4" would be hitting. Probably every speed bump in parking lots. Especially if your car is lowered. Hope this helps.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We want info on performance? Is there a H.P gain from a 3" to a 4" downpipe and also is there a problem with not having enough back pressure ? What happens then? Also im sure we can fabricate additional clamps to keep the downpipe a little higher to gain more clearance. Afterall we are talking of just an inch.
:bthumb:

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
A 3" DP will flow all you need for a car still on stock turbos, the 4" pipe would be a waste of time and money.

Also, there is no such thing as too little backpressure on a turbo car.

Just buy one of the 3" mandrel bent DP's and move on.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
Lagtime said:
A 3" DP will flow all you need for a car still on stock turbos, the 4" pipe would be a waste of time and money.

Also, there is no such thing as too little backpressure on a turbo car.

Just buy one of the 3" mandrel bent DP's and move on.
Fwiw, I agree 100%. Last year at Tx2K1, I put down 685rwhp with a 3" dp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts