Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME HERE PLEASE.
2.CAN THE TT SETUP SUPPORT 450 OR MORE ON AN 7M-GTE
3.CAN A TT SETUP SUPPORT 450 + ON ANY SUPRA
4. IS IT TRUE THAT THEY ARE CT-26'S
5. DO THEY MAKE UPGRADES TO OVER SIZE LIKE THE CT-26

LAST BUT NOT LEAST DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS SETUP KICKING AROUND FOR SALE?

·
Scrooge McDuck
52 Posts
To the guy who's asking about the twin turbo supras turbos...

Let me put you on. The twin turbo supra has (2) T3 Turbo's which are tiny. They are sequential which means, they work in sequence. You have a 7M right.... The weakest link on the 7MGTE is the crankshaft. Many guys have blown their motor but no matter how much they think they know, they keep on blowing up. A lot of people will tell you that all you need is a metal head gasket, more fuel, a bigger ball bearing turbo and a boost controller. That is somewhat true. Realistically or if you want to have your car running, I strongly suggest you have your crank computer balanced, heat treated, blueprinted and have the oil passages detailed. Do not put back the stock bearings back on the crank, you also may need more oil pressure. You should also get JE Pistons and Crower Connecting Rods. You can use the stock Rods but you must have them machined. Now you need 550cc or larger injectors with the fuel rail along with a fuel pressure regulator. Now you are ready for a Ball Bearing Turbo (It is a waste of time and money to upgrade the CT-26). The turbo's I recommend are the T series 60-1 (69 or 70 AR, O Trim) You can also use the TO4B or TO4E. I heard from a very creditable source that the T04E spools at 2300 RPM, which is damn good. HKS has an 8.09 sec in the 1/4 mile 7M with a twin turbo setup comprising of (2) TO4B's. So, man I would suggest you doing some research before you blow it up....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU!

IT IS HARD TRYING TO GET INFO THESE DAYS. SO FAR DID EVERY THING YOU SAID . THE PROBLEM IS I WAS A HONDA MAN I OWN A SHOP THAT WE ONLY BUILD HONDAS.I BOUGHT THE TOY TO SET THE RECORD SRAIT THAT I COULD BUILD IT AND WOULD BEAT ANY HONDA ON THE STREET IN CT. AND WILL DO JUST THAT!BUT I AM LOOK AT TWIN TURBO SETUP!!!

·
Scrooge McDuck
52 Posts
Yo Man....

I like your attitude. You know what motivates me? Whenever someone talks shit or doubt me. You did the crankshaft? Heat treated, oil passages detailed, and machined? The twin turbo setup can certainly work but of course you know, you will need to fabricated that manifold unto your car. Always remember this, nothing is impossible, as long as you have the time, money, and endless effort, you will always accomplish your objective. Personally, I know the car will be significanly faster but I do not know how much. Here is my estimation: The stock twin turbo supra is 320HP. You know that 1psi = 8-10 HP, right? The stock 7MGTE (1989-92) comes with 6.8psi (stock). So this is a given, let's say 1psi = 10HP. So I calculated about 250HP would be your final output if you plan on running the stock tt setup in stock psi but you do realize that, most guys run their tt in 18psi which would give you an additional 340HP if you run at 18psi. You got a pic of your 7M?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I AM GIONG TO POST...

I WILL POST THEM TONIGHT.THE CAR IS ALL DIMANTELED.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR!!

1. SRP PISTON 7.5:1

2.CRANK BALANCED AND MICRO POLISHED,HEAT TREATED(I DONT KNOW IF TOO STAY WITH THE STOCK RODS BUT WHAT EVER I DO I WILL HAVE THA ASSEMLY BAL TOGETHER)

3. JUST ORDERED THE HALTECH EK6 WITH ALL THE OPTIONS

4. THE HEAD IS DONE PORTED AND POLISHED 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB(I DO THAT STUFF MY SELF AT MY SHOP)

5.INTAKE PORTED OUT AND THROTLE BODY BORED 4.5MM BIGGER(CUSTOM DONE BY MY BUDDY)

THATS WHAT I GOT SO FAR CANT GET MORE UNTILL AFTER X-MAS GOT THE KIDS TO THINK ABOUT.BUT AFTER X-MAS IT IS ON!!!

THANKYOU FOR YOUR FEED BACK YOU KNOW I DONT UNDERSTAND THEY SAY THE MK4 GUYS ARE JERKS BUT I THINK YOU PROVED THE GUYS WRONG THANKYOU AGAIN!

P.S IF YOU NEED ANY MACHINE WORK DONE I DO FOR YOU VERY CHEAP I ALSO DO POLISHED PARTS I AM GIONG TO ATTACH A PIC CHECK IT OUT T61SUPRADEAN SEEN THEM SO DID HIPSI AND SUPRASIZED :cool:

·
664 rwhp / 590 rwtqe
1,868 Posts
Wow, those chrome valve covers look hot! How much would you charge me to have my valve covers and 2jz intake manifold chromed? I have some spare parts like 550 cc injectors and a msd dis-4 ignition with 2 step rev limit I can trade for you service :).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey kevin i am sending you an em-mail talk to dean he just bought a set!!!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7M stock internals

I guess a side note, the stock 7MGTE internals can handle 500rwhp, verified by Dynojet.

Stan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts