Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Boost Junkie said:
Try a 1 5/16" 6-point.
nope, i found a 33m and it doesnt fit too small it's actually a 34mm. well not really but i hammered it on and its in there. I used a breaker bar, cheater bar, and 100 lbs of psi. and yes i pushed out the indintation on the nut. what am i doing wrong? do i need a specialty tool or cranck up the psi to 200???:scratch:

· Registered
214 Posts
Sounds like you need a better impact. j/k Toyota has a SST (specialty tool) for that. SST number is: 09229 - 55010. Basically all it does is hold the three spoke part while you crank on the nut. The nut IS a 36 mm. If you are using a chrome 12 point socket, that is why it is loose at 36 and tight at 34. You need to use a 36 mm 6 point IMPACT socket. You don't necesarily HAVE to have the SST tool, you could use a REALLY strong vice also. Anything you can do to just hold it while you torque on it. Here is a diagram of how it's supposed to be done.

2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thank you, the 36mm seemed to big, but ill try again. im using an iron rod through the hole (bent two screw drivers already). are you sure its 36mm 6 point? I fitted a 35mm and seemed too big. Mine is the na 5 speed open diff(not sure if that makes a difference).

· Registered
214 Posts
supradriver247 said:
thank you, the 36mm seemed to big, but ill try again. im using an iron rod through the hole (bent two screw drivers already). are you sure its 36mm 6 point? I fitted a 35mm and seemed too big. Mine is the na 5 speed open diff(not sure if that makes a difference).
You may be right. I am not sure about NA diffs. it is a 36 on TURBO. Might be smaller on an NA. In any case, use a 6 point impact socket if you can get one. It will save you some headache. Good luck, let me know how you get it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.